Applying while MPH is in progress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Do anyone of you know which schools are eligible to apply while I am pursuing MPH? I will be able to finish the degree by Dec 2016. My point is that Can I apply during the current CAAPID cycle?

Anyone knows which schools are flexible to accept students who are in the middle of MPH/or some other program? I just don't want to waste another year. Please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi smile2015,
Practically it is not possible, as most of the dental school start in mid of 2016, but ur graduating from MPH on dec 2016. how you can manage the both, no school will let you incomplete MPH. that my thinking. still you can call the school for better answer.
I am planning to apply for MPH, does it improve GPA.
thanks

Thanks for the reply savvy.

I would have wait for 1 more year due to that reason. I know that most of the schools won't accept students with incomplete MPH. Just checking, if there is anyone who experienced this issue before and able to apply for few schools.

I have applied during the last cycle but didn't get any invites :(

savvy - Just wondering what your status is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

same here, I applied even I did get any IV, reason for reject is my Gpa. So I want make sure if I do MPH does my Gpa while improve.
pls do reply thanks.

yes. I think doing masters program will improve GPA on your profile. But, it is expensive and time taking. Always pros and cons :)

Thanks, there are MPH EPI, Biostat and dental MPH which one I should consider please advice me, what kind of job we can look for, after MPH.

It depends where you live and what your criteria is. I would say go for dental MPH if any universities are offering close by where you live.

Or In general you can do MPH EPI. I think pay won't be that good after completion. But, It would add experience to you profile. Again, It is expensive to study.