Applying with a Post-Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VivaLasVagus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone knew which medical schools would be best to apply to following a post-bacc program? For example, if I had an undergrad GPA of 3.0 and post-bacc one of 4.0, which medical schools would be "within the range" for application purposes? I know there's a host of other factors, but I'd just like an idea of how to narrow down the schools based on the GPA averages listed on MSAR.

Thank you, I've struggled to find the answer to this question online so I really appreciate any help anyone can offer!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As one admissions director said to me:
When you look in the MSAR, the schools with narrower ranges of stats (10th%ile to median) will be less likely to take reinvention into account and the ones with wider stats ranges will be more likely.
i.e. The school with an average accepted gpa of 3.9 and a 10th%ile accepted gpa of 3.7 isn't likely to give you much love. The one with an avg of 3.7 and a 10th%ile of 3.4 is more likely.

It's not perfect, but it's one way to gage how open the school is to this (our) kind of app.

Other factors certainly come into play, so make sure the rest of your app is solid

I hadn't paid attention to that 10th percentile range at all earlier -- thank you so much!