Appropriate question to ask schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darrylkalil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
still have 1 interview coming up.... had a few of post interview rejections already. does anybody think it's inappropriate to email the schools that have rejected me and ask if they would mind sharing anything they have on file specifically related to my interview performance ?
This is actually quite common and a good way to ask. I've heard people on SDN do similar things

still have 1 interview coming up.... had a few of post interview rejections already. does anybody think it's inappropriate to email the schools that have rejected me and ask if they would mind sharing anything they have on file specifically related to my interview performance ?
I agree, call admissions and ask to set up an appointment to speak with an adcom/admissions member if the school offers it. Often when you call the admissions office, its a secretary/desk help that will give you some copy/pasted answer that they're told to give to applicants that will get you nowhere. Good luck with your upcoming interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Highly inappropriate.

You CAN call the Admissions deans and ask for feedback (not advice) on your rejection. In the mean time, work on your interview skills.

Highly inappropriate.

You CAN call the Admissions deans and ask for feedback (not advice) on your rejection. In the mean time, work on your interview skills.

haha, what a typical SDN response. lol... where did i suggest i was asking for advice? in the mean time, work on your reading comprehension.

Pay attention: many pre-meds and applicants pester Admssions deans for advice and consulting, not on feedback for the deficits in their apps or interviews. Your reply hints at one of your deficits. What you were asking for were specifics from the interviewers.....that's a no-go.

haha, what a typical SDN response. lol... where did i suggest i was asking for advice? in the mean time, work on your reading comprehension.

Good news! I think I can answer your question for you so you don't even need to call the schools.

You're a douche.

Reactions: 3 users