April 28, 2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamweaver1988

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey need some quick advice. I am registering for the MCAT literally right now. I would like to write in April and one of the offered days, the 28th, is a Saturday, which works well. However, this will be cutting it pretty close time-wise, as I want to apply ASAP in early June. Should I pick a slightly earlier and slightly less convenient test date?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine. Takes 1 month to get scores back.. will get back in May 28th, can submit application right away anyway. Literally takes 1-2 days for AACOMAS to get your MCAT score from THx reporting site, and even then, you can still submit on June 1st without them having your MCAT.

Applications from AACOMAS don't get sent to schools until June ~21st at the earliest.

tl;dr take it in april

I agree with Willy; April is a good month to take the MCAT. Even if you don't do as well as you want... you can still schedule a retake and have your new score back by July. In the mean time, schools will base things off your first score and you might end up getting a few interviews with your first MCAT score. Then you can snag the rest with your second one (assuming it's higher).

You'll also be able to indicate if you want to retake the MCAT right before you submit AACOMAS (since you'll get the first score back by the end of May, and you'll be submitting AACOMAS June 1st).

In conclusion: April is fine. :)

That really is a good date in my opinion. It will give you enough time to schedule a retake for July and still be considered fairly early. I didn't take the MCAT until the first part of August and I didn't feel like I was late at any of the schools. I actually felt like I was fairly early in the pool.