April test takers: AAMC practice exam Percent vs your Percentiles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikil100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, congrats on all of you who scored in a good percentile for the real deal! As a June test taker, I am VERY interested to see how your Percentile ranks correlate to your AAMC official practice exam scores, and even practice exam scores from prep companies.

So I ask you, after you finish your congratulatory drinks, parties, etc.. could you be so kind to post them as a comparison?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
practice:
80%
89%
99%
7 %( I know :D)

Real thing:
85-100
50-65
85-100
85-100

Members don't see this ad :)
practice:
80%
89%
99%
7 %( I know :D)

Real thing:
85-100
50-65
85-100
85-100

What do you think is the cause of the big gap in your CARS scores?

I scored an 85% on the official exam (before prep) and I am now worried seeing a percentile when your score was actually pretty decent on the practice.

Your scores otherwise are great!
lol @ your practice Psych score..nice improvement! haha

Practice:
Chem Physical: 64%
CARS: 89%
Bio: 75%
Psych/Social :81%

Actual:
Chemical And Physical : 45-60%
CARS: 85-100 %
Bio- 61-76%
Psych Social : 85-100%

Ehh, I guess my science was lower than expected. I think the fact I didn't take Biochem yet, the biochem journal paper passages, extreme lack of Physics (which I am much better in) played a factor. Although I think the actual MCAT passages on the Psych/Social section were actually interesting.

Practice:
Chem Physical: 64%
CARS: 89%
Bio: 75%
Psych/Social :81%

Actual:
Chemical And Physical : 45-60%
CARS: 85-100 %
Bio- 61-76%
Psych Social : 85-100%

Ehh, I guess my science was lower than expected. I think the fact I didn't take Biochem yet, the biochem journal paper passages, extreme lack of Physics (which I am much better in) played a factor. Although I think the actual MCAT passages on the Psych/Social section were actually interesting.

So I guess the aamc fl is a pretty good predictor?

So I guess the aamc fl is a pretty good predictor?

I think so, at least better than the question packs. I did much worst on the question packs for verbal/CARS but much better for bio on the question packs than the FL.

Hey guys, congrats on all of you who scored in a good percentile for the real deal! As a June test taker, I am VERY interested to see how your Percentile ranks correlate to your AAMC official practice exam scores, and even practice exam scores from prep companies.

So I ask you, after you finish your congratulatory drinks, parties, etc.. could you be so kind to post them as a comparison?

Thank you!
I actually took it in May but my prelims were all 85-100 for each section and 90-100 overall.

My Kaplan scores were

diagnostic:501
1: 501
2:502
3:508
4:501
5:503
6:506

AAMC exam before Kaplan in January:
phys/chem: 66% (hadn't taken physics 2 yet)
CARS: 88%
Bio: 83%
psych/soc: 78%

AAMC exam 4 months later, after Kaplan right before May exam (I never looked back at the questions, but idk, I still could have remembered some questions)
chem/phys: 97%
Cars: 96%
Bio: 98%
psych/soc: 88%

Total I spent probably around 550hours I'd guess, and I only used Kaplan's materials. Only like 400 of those were really intense though if I had to guess. I do have a 3.986GPA too, so if you didn't spend the time listening when you took the pre-reqs, you might have to spend more time than I did, I have no idea though.

Hope this helps you. From what I've gathered, if you score in the 500-510 range on Kaplan's exams, almost everyone I know got 90-100 overall on their prelims.