Army AR-670-1 Compliant Prescription Safety Glasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frugopl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy All,

Got a question about prescription safety glasses. My daily use glasses don't hold up well during exercise, so I can only imagine that they won't stand a chance during FTX. I want to get a pair of durable sports glasses that stay on when you're jumping, crawling, and generally sweating you butt off. Unfortunately, the Army regs do not state what exactly would pass for acceptable eyewear (conservative frames and absence of conspicuous initials doesn't really make for clear guidelines). For example, I've been looking at frames like these, and I'd like to find out whether they're compliant:

http://www.rx-safety.com/prescripti...asses/prescription-safety-glasses-rx-201.html

Alternatively, does the Army issue their own regulation safety Rx frames? Heard somewhere that they do.

Members don't see this ad.

i went with the SG1 when i deployed to iraq. they're ok-- but the issue i had was that the rx lenses are not the typical distance from your eye like glasses-- so while my vision was good, it wasn't quite the same as wearing my normal glasses. they also can convert the normal earpieces to a wrap to keep the damn things on in the rotor wash of chinooks, blackhawks, C-130's and whatever else you may be riding on-- and with the foam surrounds almost act like a goggle for keeping sand and crap out of your eyes better than the normal oakley "i'm a badass infantryman" glasses. for ground missions outside the wire i'd also wear them but with just the normal earpieces.

what kind of FTX are you expecting? you may find these to be a bit overkill. . . :)

--your friendly neighborhood "contacts? what contacts?" caveman