Are 5 months of ECs really going to change my application that much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ol'Lady

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings Re-applicants,

I applied this cycle and have not had any II's thus far. So unless some miracle occurs between now and the end of March, I will have to reapply and will aim entirely DO.

I've posted my story previously and have received quality advice about strengthening my ECs. However, adding activities now seems like they would not be a significantly long-term commitment to AdComs if I re-applied in June 2015.

I scored a 33 on the MCAT in March 2014 and would like to re-apply before that score expires and necessitates re-taking the "new" MCAT.

I am a non-traditional student with a full time job as a CLS. I am considering the scribe experience. Can one do this part-time?

Would you all suggest doing the ECs that involve shadowing/scribing and increased patient contact for a year and then reapplying in 2016?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a part-time scribe so yes, it's possible. You have to commit to 6 shifts a month with my company to be part-time.

I am currently a part-time scribe so yes, it's possible. You have to commit to 6 shifts a month with my company to be part-time.
Thanks so much for the input!
Your avatar is very cool :cool::)