Are anesthesia residents THIS bad? Darn millennials.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rapid response team, rapid response team please report to the horse stables, stall 2. Rapid response team, please respond to stable 2. Horse s/p severe ongoing repetitive blunt trauma, no palpable pulse, no BP

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I had done neurology, I would have lost it a long time ago.

Reactions: 5 users
As you correctly diagnosed, it's a Mellennial (sic!) thing. The narcissistic generation.

She's a 4th year resident. Almost an attending. She must be around 30 years old. How is this a millennial thing? It's an entitled princess thing

She's a 4th year resident. Almost an attending. She must be around 30 years old. How is this a millennial thing? It's an entitled princess thing
You ain't seen enough millennials... with the eyes of a non-millennial. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested in some follow-up, she did an interview with Good Morning America apologizing and trying to explain her actions (video interview included in the WaPo article below):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...doctor-caught-on-camera-attacking-uber-driver
Much better article than this by the NY Post: (http://nypost.com/2016/01/27/doctor-in-filmed-uber-tantrum-explains-herself/)
“I think it’s ridiculous and I’m here to own up to what I did,” she said. “I’m taking responsibility for it and I’m asking for forgiveness.”

The brain surgeon concluded: “Be careful what you do in public because the things we do could be taped and we can suffer extreme ramifications for these things.”

Dat ass doe
Careful. That's a micro-aggression right there.

And it's probably not PC from me either to point out that when one goes on television as a professional, one should not wear a short skirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Never ruin a good apology with an excuse

This girl is on a whole other level of crazy. Reminds me of a few exs...

PGY-4? Suspended? Ouch.

So+close...+Worked+surprisingly+hard+on+this+crappy+comic+thumb_196a8a_3372702.jpg

"The brain surgeon concluded: 'Be careful what you do in public because the things we do could be taped and we can suffer extreme ramifications for these things.'"

Last edited:
While her behavior is clearly wrong, it is easy to point fingers towards others. We all make mistakes. Maybe we should shift the focus on improving ourselves.

Enabled, entitled, and privaledged non of which apply to me. This goes to show all you have to be is pretty and the appropriate gender and or ethnic/racial makeup and your a victim of your circumstances. Let that be someone else and they are inherently evil. Look at this ammon bundy mess, if those guys were from the southside of compton they would already be 6 feet under. Where does a kid in a open carry state get gunned down without a freeze or hands up.......

Reactions: 5 users
Enabled, entitled, and privaledged non of which apply to me. This goes to show all you have to be is pretty and the appropriate gender and or ethnic/racial makeup and your a victim of your circumstances. Let that be someone else and they are inherently evil. Look at this ammon bundy mess, if those guys were from the southside of compton they would already be 6 feet under. Where does a kid in a open carry state get gunned down without a freeze or hands up.......

Some people have to deal with micro-aggression while others must deal with macro-aggression.

While her behavior is clearly wrong, it is easy to point fingers towards others. We all make mistakes. Maybe we should shift the focus on improving ourselves.
That's a mature, adult, kind way to look at it. But public scorn and shame aren't always bad things. Behavior like this would be more common if society in general was more willing to cut slack. It surely was more common back in ye olden "boys will be boys" days.

I think getting fired from residency over it is rather harsh. But maybe this wasn't the first straw. People who do things like this at this stage in life aren't usually first time offenders.

You ain't seen enough millennials... with the eyes of a non-millennial. :)

i've seen some pretty nice seeming gen-x vets after a little midaz act pretty mean and crazy too

Ok, I have gotten drunk and acted stupid. Yes, even in my thirties. Not towards strangers, but still foolish. What's that saying about ye who cast the first stone?
Anyway, I am with PGG on this one. Suspension, sure. Fired, is a little too much for a stupid, drunken mistake. We are all humans, prone to err.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed she should have an avenue for rehab and through therapy be allowed to return to residency. We all make mistakes my point is the consequences are different depending on the person.

Did she get fired? I don't plan on watching the video. Professionalism fail. If it's really her first offense, she probably could earn a 6 month extension and probation, not dismissal. But she's probably a dope so the axe will fall. (If it hasn't already.)
She'll open an anti aging clinic, employ some pseudo science shamans, NP/PAs, laser techs, etc and make 7 figures.

Did she get fired? I don't plan on watching the video. Professionalism fail. If it's really her first offense, she probably could earn a 6 month extension and probation, not dismissal. But she's probably a dope so the axe will fall. (If it hasn't already.)
She'll open an anti aging clinic, employ some pseudo science shamans, NP/PAs, laser techs, etc and make 7 figures.

Can you practice even anti-aging "medicine" without board eligibility/certification?

All you would need is a medical license obtained after completion of an intern year.

I don't think board eligibility or certification has anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure about malpractice coverage. She wouldn't have to worry about insurance since it'd be all cash.
Good thing here though is she's received so much negative coverage and press that I doubt anyone would go to her or refer to her except her dad.

I wasn't sure about malpractice coverage. She wouldn't have to worry about insurance since it'd be all cash.
Good thing here though is she's received so much negative coverage and press that I doubt anyone would go to her or refer to her except her dad.

Give me a break. 6mo from now nobody is going to remember who the hell she is. Even 3 months out and she'll be forgotten by the general public.

pretty girl who is used to getting her way because she is cute. Absent the video, if the police had been called the driver would have likely been arrested on her word alone.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok, I have gotten drunk and acted stupid. Yes, even in my thirties. Not towards strangers, but still foolish. What's that saying about ye who cast the first stone?
Anyway, I am with PGG on this one. Suspension, sure. Fired, is a little too much for a stupid, drunken mistake. We are all humans, prone to err.

She assaulted another person and destroyed his property. You may have acted "foolish" in your thirties as a physician but I doubt many have done something like that. If she were a guy there would be no question about being fired. Hell, if the driver decided to press charges shed be toast.

I have no sympathy for her. She deserves to be fired. If another residency is willing to take her than maybe she will practice someday.

Reactions: 1 user
Give me a break. 6mo from now nobody is going to remember who the hell she is. Even 3 months out and she'll be forgotten by the general public.

You're kidding me, right?
People always look up their physicians on the Internet prior to seeing or establishing with them. Her name is forever tarnished on the Internet thanks to social media.

She assaulted another person and destroyed his property. You may have acted "foolish" in your thirties as a physician but I doubt many have done something like that. If she were a guy there would be no question about being fired. Hell, if the driver decided to press charges shed be toast.

I have no sympathy for her. She deserves to be fired. If another residency is willing to take her than maybe she will practice someday.

Don't get me wrong, there's no excuse for acting that way. She's fits the profile of an entitled, arrogant, selfish person. We've all known the type.

But don't you think it's a little harsh that her career was ended, full stop, 3 1/2 years into residency, over this? A single injury-free misdemeanor offense in which even the actual victim wasn't interested in pressing charges?

For all we know this was incident #19 and she was on thin ice with her program already. Maybe they were on the edge of dismissing her for academic problems or other reasons. So I'm not really condemning the program for kicking her out, because I don't know the context or the whole story. It just strikes me as a harsh outcome, given what we know.

this may be a blessing in disguise for her. if I were her i'd get the hell out of medicine now while she has the chance. she's gotten this far means she has sufficient smarts to do plenty of other things. and this public scourging is ridiculous anyway - I know plenty of douchebags who are good physicians; no sins are unforgiveable.

This is a good point

The real question is how doctors who have to sit and talk to people in clinic all day don't ALL have psychotic breaks.
Probably because it's not the worst job in the world. I mean, people change oil all day, work counters all day, ring up groceries all day- surely just talking to people in a nice office and making a decent salary to do so isn't that maddening.

Probably because it's not the worst job in the world. I mean, people change oil all day, work counters all day, ring up groceries all day- surely just talking to people in a nice office and making a decent salary to do so isn't that maddening.

Try it first then you can judge. Otherwise you're just another circulusvitios

You're kidding me, right?
People always look up their physicians on the Internet prior to seeing or establishing with them. Her name is forever tarnished on the Internet thanks to social media.
Ok, right this second or minute, I truthfully don't remember her name. Just like I don't remember the name of the woman who bashed that GI patient and was then sued and lost her job. If I heard either names, there would not be a lightbulb moment going on in my head.
Maybe I am weird.

Try it first then you can judge. Otherwise you're just another circulusvitios
Meh, I've worked in health care for a while. If I can give nebs and do CPT for 60 hours a week on the floors seeing 20 patients every 4 hours without losing my mind...

And let me state I'm not saying it's not bad, just that it's not madness inducing.

pretty girl who is used to getting her way because she is cute. Absent the video, if the police had been called the driver would have likely been arrested on her word alone.
Ok, why are so many people saying this girl is "pretty"? Nothing special looking to me. Small and petite, yes. Pretty, or cute? Uhmm. ....no. I don't see it.

Ok, right this second or minute, I truthfully don't remember her name. Just like I don't remember the name of the woman who bashed that GI patient and was then sued and lost her job. If I heard either names, there would not be a lightbulb moment going on in my head.
Maybe I am weird.

That's because you don't have the name in front of you.
Her future employers will be looking up her name the moment they receive her CV.
Her future patients will be looking up her name the moment they are referred to her or if they wish to see an "anti-aging" doc or a neurologist, whatever, she ends up becoming.. They will look her up before scheduling an appointment. I know I look up my physicians before I schedule an appointment.

I'm unsure if it'll show in official background checks but it's fair game.

Maybe I am weird.

Neither can I. But both those things will come up in any background check for a job. Certainly won't be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I always wondered why girls like this act the way they do when they arent attractive to begin with?

If she was mildly good looking.....she wouldve gotten a pass from me

Wow, grown men (physicians at that) sitting behind a computer screen on an anonymous Internet forum judging how hot/ugly a 20-something year old girl is. This thread has hit a pretty sad low.

Young girl makes stupid drunken mistake and gets punished for it. Sorry to inform you all but this happens every weekend in every city around the world. Move on with your lives and let the rest of the public that has nothing better to do judge how harsh/mild her penalty is. It'll be the same segment of society that'll jump on the next sensationalized story and make it their life goal to carry out vigilante justice through Internet forums, post all about it over Facebook for a week, and then promptly forget about the issue and never discuss it or care to follow up about it again...the same group of people who brought you Cecil the Lion, Kony 2012, Adrian Peterson hitting his kid, Seaworld being the devil, and the list goes on...

People are all about making the world a better place as long as they can do it behind their computer screens with a few clicks of their mouse. The moment it requires them to actually exert any effort and get off their fat asses they quickly lose interest. While people on tbe internet spend their time and energy beating this issue about a drunk 20 year old to death and making sure her career never sees the light of day (eg: starting petitions to get her thrown out) there are homeless people vets still sleeping in the rain outside tonight looking for the next meal. It really saddens me that this is the way media works, and how it caters to the lowest common denominator in society since that is what grabs the highest ratings.

Rant over.

Reactions: 6 users
Your argument might be valid for a 20 year old, but she's pushing 30, so that makes some poorly considered drunken silliness a serious problem. Her frontal lobe is fully developed. No excuses.
If you think this is a low, you haven't been here very long.

I'm not sure when thin=hot.
It doesn't.
And while we're at it, butterface is the same as horseface, which is the same as ugly.
That's the kind of chick we made fun of our fraternity brothers for picking up in the basement when the party was slowing down at 2am.
Aim higher.

Good thing her BF dumped her minutes before her nasty tirade. I bet he is cracking up and gave a huge sigh of relief.