Are aspergers researching autism prevalent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He is in the department of Philosophy and had met me once before (my cousin was his ex). So the public perception of Asperger Syndrome is mixed. The perception of Autism however is that of debilitation.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
All of you who are using sarcasm, humor, and innuendo to argue or profess points in a purely text-based forum with someone who has self identified with an ASD diagnosis might want to reconsider what you're doing. He asked a question, got some good answers, and just doesn't seem to be getting some of the points regarding empiricism, objectivity, discounting anecdotal evidence and personal experience, etc. as s/he hopefully pursues more trains in research, maybe the points will be driven home. As far as this thread is concerned, I think it's run its course and may be drifting towards a place that it shouldn't go, as it is unlikely to be of further benefit to the OP.

Reactions: 1 user

It was a ridiculous thread/conversation/argument and it made me laugh. You attempted to battle several individuals who are clearly well-seasoned professionals and failed to recognize any of their points.

All of you who are using sarcasm, humor, and innuendo to argue or profess points in a purely text-based forum with someone who has self identified with an ASD diagnosis might want to reconsider what you're doing. He asked a question, got some good answers, and just doesn't seem to be getting some of the points regarding empiricism, objectivity, discounting anecdotal evidence and personal experience, etc. as s/he hopefully pursues more trains in research, maybe the points will be driven home. As far as this thread is concerned, I think it's run its course and may be drifting towards a place that it shouldn't go, as it is unlikely to be of further benefit to the OP.

You're no fun.

Do you still have a board of psychology in Wisconsin, or has he taken them down already?

Oh, I'm not there anymore. But a friend of mine recently got licensed there with no problem, so I assume it's still functioning. It some how managed to survive the assault of shooter's unassailable logic and coherence of argument.

It was a ridiculous thread/conversation/argument and it made me laugh. You attempted to battle several individuals who are clearly well-seasoned professionals and failed to recognize any of their points.

It's not my fault they interpret diagnostic labels as if they had Aspergers themselves.

All of you who are using sarcasm, humor, and innuendo to argue or profess points in a purely text-based forum with someone who has self identified with an ASD diagnosis might want to reconsider what you're doing. .

Just goes to show how little you know of ASD. I have joked the entire thread and used sarcasm. There's also this notion that we lack empathy, which isn't true either.

https://seventhvoice.wordpress.com/...-in-fact-if-anything-they-empathize-too-much/

It's not my fault they interpret diagnostic labels as if they had Aspergers themselves.

And now the thread has run its course.

Btw- on behalf of the folks here who have genuinely tried to help answer your question as well as prepare you for a future in research...Please don't bother asking any more questions until you're ready to hear an answer that's different from what you already believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.