Are case numbers published?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Morzh

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that some programs self-report their residents' case numbers online, but not all. Is this info collected and reported somewhere by the ACGME? I found this website, but you can only access the data if you have an ADS login. I'm applying to anesthesiology.

Members don't see this ad.

I see that some programs self-report their residents' case numbers online, but not all. Is this info collected and reported somewhere by the ACGME? I found this website, but you can only access the data if you have an ADS login. I'm applying to anesthesiology.

Programs don't self-report, residents are required to log their cases. Also, programs and institutions are the only people who have an ADS login. The reports are for programs to be able to see where they stand with their colleagues and are not released to the public.

Thanks. By self-reporting I mean some programs put on their websites graphs or whatever showing the average # of cases by PGY year. Example here. It would be nice to have this data for every program, but it sounds like we only get the info if they volunteer it.

Thanks. By self-reporting I mean some programs put on their websites graphs or whatever showing the average # of cases by PGY year. Example here. It would be nice to have this data for every program, but it sounds like we only get the info if they volunteer it.

I see what you mean by programs sharing the numbers. We don't share numbers, but we do share that our trainees always go over the minimums significantly.