Are Chads videos good enough for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DenTony11235

I know Bio is incomplete. Is there something he misses for Orgo/Chem/Physics?

Members don't see this ad.

I know Bio is incomplete. Is there something he misses for Orgo/Chem/Physics?

I personally utilized his videos as one of my primary resources and did pretty well, although I did supplement with other sources as well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
He goes over only basic stuff.
But I think he did an absolutely fabulous job for orgo.

I used Chad's as my primary source (I only had about 5 weeks to study before my retake) and it was fantastic for content review. It saved my life on ochem and physics. You still have to do approximately a million passages, however.

Reactions: 1 user
I used Chad's as my primary source (I only had about 5 weeks to study before my retake) and it was fantastic for content review. It saved my life on ochem and physics. You still have to do approximately a million passages, however.

Care to post your scores (final MCAT) if you don't mind....

Thanks.

I haven't taken the MCAT yet, but Chad's videos have really been helping me understand the topics that have been on the AAMCs. For me I'm a visual and auditory learner, so watching him rather than reading a book has helped me retain things way more than just reading. I don't recommend it as your only source unless you have a really good basis on the content. I find myself having to go back and clarify things he went over fairly quickly. Also, I highly agree with everyone in saying that you should incorporate LOTS of practice. If I could go back in time and start over I would do chads videos supplemented with TBR or TPR, then do problems in exam krackers, and then do harder passages. That way you don't have any holes in your content review and you progress into the passages. If I have to retake I will probably do that. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
The best way to use Chad is to watch his video, read that chapter from TBR or TPR and then probably watch it again in the fast pace and then proceed to passages. It has been really helpful this way IMHO.

They helped me review a lot of concepts that I didnt have a good grasp of like extractions, distillations, and TLC. They really help for concepts where a general example/explanation can help you solve any problem such as those topics.

The physics ones are decent too. A lot of the bio ones have too much information.