Are Chad's Videos helpful for OAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAUeyes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take my OAT June 25th. I have been enrolled in a Kaplan course since January and I feel no better off from where I started. They teach some good strategies, but the material is still confusing. I am thinking of purchasing Chad's Videos, but before I spend more money I am curious if they are really that helpful (mostly in physics, gen chem and ochem)! Please let me know, I am very anxious about test day.

Members don't see this ad.

I take my OAT June 25th. I have been enrolled in a Kaplan course since January and I feel no better off from where I started. They teach some good strategies, but the material is still confusing. I am thinking of purchasing Chad's Videos, but before I spend more money I am curious if they are really that helpful (mostly in physics, gen chem and ochem)! Please let me know, I am very anxious about test day.
I would highly recommend Chads videos for those three subjects. Single handedly the best resource I had to study for those parts of the exam. A huge benefit is that I didn't have to spend hundreds on something like Kaplan. I got better scores than my first time and I got into OD schools! I'm starting this Fall. Good luck.

I felt Chad was helpful but when it really came down to it I had to do practice problems. I didn't feel like Chad's quizzes were that representative of the actual OAT. What really helped was OAT Achiever. Doing practice problems and then going over them, then spending a day or two reviewing then taking another practice test really hyped up the game for me.

I had trouble pacing myself using Chad's videos, and found just listening to lectures didn't make things stick as much as actually taking a practice test!!!!! Plus taking those tests simulate the real thing so on test day you are even more confident!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I purchased the 3-pack OAT Achiever for around $60? and then upgraded to the 5 pack for an additional $40 when I realized I needed more practice!!

I used Chad's videos, and took two practice tests; One on the ADA website, and one in a Kaplan book I had access to. You don't need to spend millions on a Kaplan course.

Chad deserves your money.

I definitely recommend Chad's quizzes!!

The gen chem, orgo and physics quizzes were all very helpful. Chad gives you very good explanations to the quiz answers.

Don't use achiever. Its overkill. Its not representative of the actual OAT exam.

Yes, I would highly recommend Chad's videos. I started from scratch with them and they were very helpful. I liked the quizzes too, however, I used Kaplan and OAT Destroyer practice questions too. Chad is worth the money for sure. OAT Destroyer was helpful but it was overkill and it really shot me down at times when I wasn't getting any of the questions right. Also, I would use Kaplan a lot for the biology because I think they cover that section really well. Using those three materials I did a lot better than I originally thought I would do on the OAT. Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to PM me. :)

Yes, I would highly recommend Chad's videos. I started from scratch with them and they were very helpful. I liked the quizzes too, however, I used Kaplan and OAT Destroyer practice questions too. Chad is worth the money for sure. OAT Destroyer was helpful but it was overkill and it really shot me down at times when I wasn't getting any of the questions right. Also, I would use Kaplan a lot for the biology because I think they cover that section really well. Using those three materials I did a lot better than I originally thought I would do on the OAT. Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to PM me. :)
I totally agrees with this post. Chad's videos were definitely a huge help especially for Gen chem, Ochem, and Physics. Use the Kaplan big book for bio, and OAT destroyer for practices!

I think you see a general trend that Chad's Videos are helpful to most people!

Everyone learns differently but for me, Chad's Videos helped a lot! They are what I studied for most of the OAT off of and it cost me very little! ($50 US/ month). He helps put things into very plain english language and his tips and tricks really come in handy to save time on the test! His physics, Chemistry and Ochem are his best subjects and by doing a lecture or a two a day then following up wit the quizzes, it really helps you make sure you understand the material.

I highly recommend Chad's Videos, its relatively inexpensive, really helpful, and is the reason I scored what I scored on the OAT!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! you all have been so helpful. I am using them now and its a lot but I think it will be okay by June!