are dentists blue or white collars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AceDentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering, or are we a specialized category breed here?:D

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely white collar. Blue collar is more like manual laborers. Dentists are White collar.

i don't wear collars.

if i did, though, it would be pink.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right. We're pink collar workers. Sounds good. :p

:p that pink,it's so hot right now.

I only wanted to become a dentist because I NEVER want to wear a collar... scrubs!! hahalol

If you have ever been in a pre-clinic lab, it sure feels like blue collar.........then again......you will send all the laborious work out to the lab anyway.

I guess it also depends on how good you are with the drill. If you can do a prep in a few minutes versus struggling with it for hours, then you are white collar.

Sometimes I'm a blue collar, sometimes its green, all depends on the color of my scrubs for that day;)

I am just wondering, or are we a specialized category breed here?:D

oh we are most certainly a special breed.:D

i don't think i'll consider myself white collar when i'm using tools inside someone's mouth. and i think if you ask most blue-collars, they'll tell you we're not blue collars.

I always wanted a job where I could wear PJ's to work everyday.

well ive never seen a white coat with a blue collar...

We work in heated/air conditioned office... we use "instruments" not tools... and the salaries... I think most would consider dentistry to be very white collar, no:confused:.

White Collar...I've worked as a carpenter, an aircraft electrician, and a few others and I'm sure dentist's never come home covered in dirt and/or grease.

Does this mean if we commit a crime we are more likely to get off?

According to my grandfather [a great man], Dentists are neither White collar, nor blue collar. They are in a class above called Professionals. Hey, why not brag about the profession ;)