Are MCAT scores sent with the AMCAS app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cali79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I check the status of my application on UPenn's website, it says my MCAT scores have not been received, even though my AMCAS application was transmitted to them a month ago. I called UPenn and they said AMCAS usually sends MCAT scores with the application. So then I called AMCAS. They told me that as long as your score is released, the score should be sent automatically, but mine hasn't.

Has anyone else had any problems with missing MCAT scores from their files?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by cali79:
•When I check the status of my application on UPenn's website, it says my MCAT scores have not been received, even though my AMCAS application was transmitted to them a month ago. I called UPenn and they said AMCAS usually sends MCAT scores with the application. So then I called AMCAS. They told me that as long as your score is released, the score should be sent automatically, but mine hasn't.

Has anyone else had any problems with missing MCAT scores from their files?•

How do you check the status of your app online? I just see the online secondary, but it doesnt say anything about current status.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. Now that I look at the website (the one listed for the secondary in the email), I think that I wasn't checking the status of my application. I logged in to the supplemental section and the website just says,

"Your application to Penn will not be reviewed until:

-we have received MCAT scores from AMCAS
-we have received letters of reference"

I think that's probably just a general statement to everyone...
but I did read somewhere that they we will be able to check our application status online soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cali79,

What is the Farm teaching you guys anyways ????

hahahha

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

I received two postcards from Hawaii. One said they received my application, the second was that that they didn't have my MCAT scores. So I called and they said that for some unknown reason that info wasn't included on what was sent to them from AMCAS.

Andrew

I can't believe we have to be asking ourselves this question!!!

I can't believe that they don't even get this right, the most basic of all the info they're supposed to transmit!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe that's why some schools are asking us to include a copy of our MCAT scores or a letter stating what they are.