Are Mexican/Americans considered the minority in the field of dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catman856

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a dental application and I noticed this...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say Mexicans definitely qualify as a minority

are you sure?Not to sound racist or anything but I've never seen a mexican dentist here in texas:unsure:

Dentist offices are like cell phone stores

One dentist owns all 10 of them and staffs them with fresh meat out of dent school. The locations in the Hispanic concentrated areas get the Spanish speaking dentists.

Just go to your local Fiesta. Bet you the perio guy is nearby. The Hispanic diet doesn't look kind to the "teef"

IJp4tiw.jpg

One dentist owns all 10 of them and staffs them with fresh meat out of dent school. The locations in the Hispanic concentrated areas get the Spanish speaking dentists.

Just go to your local Fiesta. Bet you the perio guy is nearby. The Hispanic diet doesn't look kind to the "teef"

Wow. Like seriously? To the OP. Yes a minority. Do your thing man.

there nothing called minority all dental schools look to the ethnicity the same
Expect meharry and howard as they are black history college

Mexican-American is absolutely a minority in dentistry. With decent grades and DAT you can get accepted to A LOT of schools based on this. And NO, @csudental, dental schools do not look at all ethnicities the same.

if you check for the number of applicants for mexican/hispanic is smaller than the number of applicants than any other races, i'm half Lebanon and half egyptain so i considered black/white i call 9 schools to ask them about what they think that i should put for my ethnicity as i'm white person and they told me we look to all applicants the same. So it doesn't care if you 're mexican latino white black asian just DAT and GPA ONLYYYY
Mexican-American is absolutely a minority in dentistry. With decent grades and DAT you can get accepted to A LOT of schools based on this. And NO, @csudental, dental schools do not look at all ethnicities the same.

What about Cuban-Korean, are they considered a minority?

Speechless.....

Reactions: 1 user
It's all about the all mighty $$$$$$ (state schools). In order for schools to keep receiving public funding, they must have a certain percentage of ethniticites and genders. However, this This does not apply to private schools.

if you check for the number of applicants for mexican/hispanic is smaller than the number of applicants than any other races, i'm half Lebanon and half egyptain so i considered black/white i call 9 schools to ask them about what they think that i should put for my ethnicity as i'm white person and they told me we look to all applicants the same. So it doesn't care if you 're mexican latino white black asian just DAT and GPA ONLYYYY
That's just a cover. It's legally better for them to have some minorities.

U ever hear ab the girl who whose case against university of Texas for not letting her in made it to the supreme court and she won

Cause eventually Caucasians will be the minority. Don't think I'm racist for hating these bs excuses to let someone in based on their ethnicity or gender cause I treat everyone equally. I don't care if ur black white, blue, green, or turquoise. And eventually the minorities will become the majorities and vice verse because they do not obey the hardy Weinberg rules!

Sorry for the rant but I when people pull the race/gender:ethnicity card. These excuses are just like @$&holes everyone has one.

If i'm a white guy and have 3.6 sGPA and 3.6 oGPA and 19 for every section at DAT
and you are mexican and have 4.0 GPA and 25 DAT you will be accepted and me rejected true that public school care about ethnicity and are obligate that have some diversity but private dont care

If i'm a white guy and have 3.6 sGPA and 3.6 oGPA and 19 for every section at DAT
and you are mexican and have 4.0 GPA and 25 DAT you will be accepted and me rejected true that public school care about ethnicity and are obligate that have some diversity but private dont care

Probably the 4.0 and the 25 more than anything bud.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the racism! The astoundingly racist things people are willing to say behind a computer screen is, unfortunately, not shocking anymore. So beat it, trolls.

They'll take being Mexican-American into consideration, but it's definitely not a major factor like your GPA and DAT are.

look up meharry dental school, I have a better shot to get into harvard than to there (numbers don't lie)

And how is anything I said racist? Also did you look up the court case that made it up to the supreme court, where the girlwon against U of Texas ?

Last edited: