All Branch Topic (ABT) are military divorces handled differently

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jimmy Jones

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a bad feeling that i might get cheated on during marriage and was wondering how that is handled if 1 partner is in the military and the other isn't thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, yeah, big ditto there. With that kind of mindset, even if your spouse is loyal your insistent suspicion will destroy your marriage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. I guess... I don't know. Sometimes I get the feeling like she's cheating on me.
Lawrence: Yeah, I get that feeling too, man.

I recommend hypnotherapy.

Reactions: 2 users
A friend of mine separated at 18 years after a divorce court gave her half his pension. Poof: no pension.

Whoa whoa whoa...so he separated two years before he was eligible for retirement just so his ex-wife wouldn't get his pension???

HE GOT NINETY NINETY PROBLEMS BUT A... *looking around for moderators fearfully*

Reactions: 1 user
Whoa whoa whoa...so he separated two years before he was eligible for retirement just so his ex-wife wouldn't get his pension???

HE GOT NINETY NINETY PROBLEMS BUT A... *looking around for moderators fearfully*

that's stone cold

i have a bad feeling that i might get cheated on during marriage and was wondering how that is handled if 1 partner is in the military and the other isn't thanks
So, you could report your active duty cheating husband to his chain of command. Technically, adultery is a UCMJ violation, a service member can be prosecuted for it . . .but if your husband's a "good guy" at work and people like him, they'll find a convenient way to ignore you and sweep the matter under the rug. Hell, we've even known AD members to be involved in vicious love-triangles that lead to murder and mayhem . . . even those members weren't fully prosecuted, some even promoted and carried on with their military careers.

If your husband's a total D-bag at work, his chain of command may go after him. But careful what you wish for: if he's prosecuted and kicked out, you and/or your kids might lose access to benefits, not to mention he may not have an income with which to pay you alimony and child support.

What's most likely to happen? Your husband wont get prosecuted, not even a slap on the wrist. In fact, he'll get a 3-month paid vacation (ie LIMDU) to deal with the ensuing "depression" that's resulted from his own mess and poor social choices . . . while his fellow service members deploy and carry out the business of the military.

Reactions: 1 user