Are my chances still alive? 28 first time, 27 second time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

latinalabrat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you all help me decide which schools to add/subtract from my list? I have a 3.83 cGPA and >3.7 sGPA. I am also a URM and have registered as disadvantaged on AMCAS. I am very research oriented (hence why my current school list is focused on good research schools) with a publication, prestigious research internships from Harvard/MGH, and scholarships. I have 3 semesters of volunteering ranging from HIV testing to hospice to emergency room and a summer of shadowing. I took the MCAT twice. My first score was a 28 (10B 9P 9V O) and the second score is a 27 (10B 9P 8V M). English is not my first language. I am also a Florida resident. Thanks for the help!

Here is my current list:

Reach
1. Georgetown 2. Emory 3. Northwestern 4. Hopkins 5. Harvard 6. Columbia 7. Cornell 8. NYU 9. Duke 10. UPenn 11. Vanderbilt 12. WashU

Middle
1. UM 2. USF 3. UF 4. UCF 5. BU 6. Tulane 7. Albert Einstein 8. Wake Forest 9. UVirginia

Lower Tier
1. George Washington 2. Florida State 3. Drexel 4. UPitt 5. Penn State 7. Temple

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have a great chance! You seem to have a well rounded application.

Thanks! Can anyone else share their opinion? I'm really freaking out here!