Are my improvements significant? Where do I stand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromatic543

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: I started studying for the MCAT on the 10th of June and have my test date on the 10th of September.

These are the FLs I have taken (bottom is most recent)

1. TBR FL 2 (58%) ~502
2. TBR FL 1 (60%) ~502
3. TBR FL 3 (61%) ~502
4. EK FL 1 (50%)
5. EK FL 2 (54%)
6. EK FL 4 (57%)

I still have to take:

7. AAMC Ungraded
8. AAMC Scored
9. TBR FL 4

So I would like to know if my "improvement" in percentage is significant or not. I am kinda worried about my scores, mostly because I make a lot of stupid mistakes, but also because I find EK to be very tricky.

I heard a 60%+ on EK is good, but as you can see...I have not been able to reach that milestone.

One issue I have (which keeps my score from going up) is that on one test, I do good on C/P and Psych/Soc and mediocre on CARS and B/B, but on another test....I do good on CARS and B/B but mediocre on C/P and Psych/Soc!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take dat der AAMC Ungraded this saturday, study up on what you messed up, dat der AAMC Scored next weekend, study up on what you messed up, screw the TBR FL4. I highly recommend the AAMC section bank as well especially for Psych/Soc.

In case you haven't caught it, AAMC AAMC AAMC AAMC AAMC.

Take dat der AAMC Ungraded this saturday, study up on what you messed up, dat der AAMC Scored next weekend, study up on what you messed up, screw the TBR FL4. I highly recommend the AAMC section bank as well especially for Psych/Soc.

In case you haven't caught it, AAMC AAMC AAMC AAMC AAMC.

Thank you JB40. I think that's a good idea. I am definitely getting the section banks. What do you think of the question packs for the Sciences? I already have the one for CARS.

Thank you JB40. I think that's a good idea. I am definitely getting the section banks. What do you think of the question packs for the Sciences? I already have the one for CARS.

I would use the AAMC Section bank which has the three sections. I used vol 1 and vol 2 CARS passages for verbal review. The older studying materials are more specific and aren't as good of representatives as the most recent AAMC materials.