Are people still using TBR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nolookpass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When looking around SDN, I don't see a lot of suggestions on using TBR anymore. Is it because they haven't come out with new books?

Any people who used TBR and have taken the new exam can you give some insight. I've basically done all TBR passages for Physics, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Biology. So I'm wondering if TBR passages are still good for this new exam? Also is TBR Biology book II sufficient for the biochemistry on the new exam?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

user of TBR and taker of august 5 MCAT ... use TBR. they're still the best, even without 2015 plastered all over their front covers.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I used TBR bio #2 and the only thing I will add is that I found it helpful to supplement with EK for biochem because it gives a bigger picture framework to situate all of the details in TBR. Also, TBR lacks just slightly in the enzyme kinetics department.

I heard from a TBR rep that their psychology book should be out soon and that sociology is forthcoming in the next few months.

enzyme kinetics was hard to find elsewhere. there was a good 30 or so questions on it throughout. definitely got a question that was similar to TBR on the real thing and got it right because of it.

Took the August 22nd exam and I have to say that TBR content review along with passages will definitely prepare you fully for the exam. I also find ExamKrackers 9th edition, their 30 minute exams a good way to prepare (their content review is great after you've got the concepts down through TBR). The EK full lengths (there are 4 of them) will be very good prep along with the AAMC full exam and half exam.

Reactions: 1 user
I used TBR bio #2 and the only thing I will add is that I found it helpful to supplement with EK for biochem because it gives a bigger picture framework to situate all of the details in TBR. Also, TBR lacks just slightly in the enzyme kinetics department.

I heard from a TBR rep that their psychology book should be out soon and that sociology is forthcoming in the next few months.

Do you know when those books will be out?

And thanks for the replies guys. Makes me glad that TBR wasn't a waste of time and is actually beneficial even for this exam.

Do you know when those books will be out?

And thanks for the replies guys. Makes me glad that TBR wasn't a waste of time and is actually beneficial even for this exam.

It sounded like psych was already available for students signed up for their course. I would email them to see what's up. They're very responsive!

user of TBR and taker of august 5 MCAT ... use TBR. they're still the best, even without 2015 plastered all over their front covers.

Took the August 22nd exam and I have to say that TBR content review along with passages will definitely prepare you fully for the exam. I also find ExamKrackers 9th edition, their 30 minute exams a good way to prepare (their content review is great after you've got the concepts down through TBR). The EK full lengths (there are 4 of them) will be very good prep along with the AAMC full exam and half exam.

Did you guys use the older books or the newer TBR books that came out for the 2015 exam. Was wondering if the updated version of the bio book is the same as the older version.

Thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it. Also thanks pOgono. I emailed them asking about psychology.

Did you guys use the older books or the newer TBR books that came out for the 2015 exam. Was wondering if the updated version of the bio book is the same as the older version.
I used the older one. If I remember correctly, they said the content in the new book is the same, but they updated some of the passages to reflect new content and format.

Good luck!