Are Radiotherapists Artists ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RTist

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI EVERY ONE..

THIS IS TRUELY AMAZING NETWORK AND ALL THREADS ARE SILKY !!! HOPE TO FIND BUNCH OF THREADS TO GUIDE ME.

I AM A RADIOTHERAPIST FROM INDIA. I AM IN PROCESS TO GET RESIDENCY IN USA.

I WILL HAPPY IF ANY ONE TELLS ME HOW THE LIFE STYLE OF AN RAD ONCOLOGIST IS IN USA. THAT INCLUDES INCOME, HOURS TO WORK, WORK LOAD AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES.

IN INDIA, JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR A RADIOTHERIST IS MUCH LESS. BUT ONCE YOU GOT THE JOB THE LIFE WILL BE SMOOTH, AS IN EACH AND EVERY BRANCH.

OK. ENOUGH FOR TODAY.
WAITING FOR REPLIES.

BYE.:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

First off, all the best in your quest.
The lifestyle of a rad onc doc in the us depends on many things (academic, private etc) but if I paint with broad strokes I'd say its rather good for a doc. House are typically (for the attneding) 50 a week with some spread about the mean and income is very good. Call is beeper call so not bad. Right now job opportunites are very good (as opposed to resident opportunites where it is extremely competitive) but this may change in a few short years as the market is flooded with all the new guys coming into residency.
Good luck
Steph

THANKS STEPHEW FOR USEFUL INFORMATION AND BY THE WAY, SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE AS I WAS BUSY WITH MY USMLE EXAMS.

WELL, I WILL BE PLEASED IF YOU TELL ME WHETHER ANY ADDITONAL REQUIREMENT (APART FROM ECFMG CERTIFICATE) WOULD BE HELP FULL TO ME.

THANKS AGAIN. BYE.:cool: