Are students put a disadvantage when secondaries are sent out to them later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrh125

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I mean, I submitted my primary application on the first day 3 mins after it opened because of the importance of applying early w/ lower stats, but for some schools people are getting the secondaries a day or multiple days before I do (probably because of weird mcat verifying procedures and other processes). Are students put a disadvantage when secondaries are sent out to them a little later than other people even though they submitted their primary early? I'm still planning on getting each secondary I receive out the day I get them and I've prewritten them. I'm really wondering how much this will affect my prospects at each school considering this is happening with some of my best options. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I mean, I submitted my primary application on the first day 3 mins after it opened because of the importance of applying early w/ lower stats, but for some schools people are getting the secondaries a day or multiple days before I do (probably because of weird mcat verifying procedures and other processes). Are students put a disadvantage when secondaries are sent out to them a little later than other people even though they submitted their primary early? I'm still planning on getting each secondary I receive out the day I get them and I've prewritten them. I'm really wondering how much this will affect my prospects at each school considering this is happening with some of my best options. :(
You really need to relax, or you will end up crashing and burning before you even get into medical school........

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I remember the cycle last year feeling like it would never end. I hadn't even been on interviews yet and it felt like I had been applying forever.

This is a long process. Do not stress the things that are out of your control. This is a small and insignificant one of those things.

Woah. It is time for you to go drink some beer my young lad.

Reactions: 1 user
Later secondary receivers are at an advantage - they get to see the prompts from other sdn users without the pressure of having the secondary in their email.

Reactions: 4 users
I remember the cycle last year feeling like it would never end. I hadn't even been on interviews yet and it felt like I had been applying forever.

This is a long process. Do not stress the things that are out of your control. This is a small and insignificant one of those things.

true that. I was hoping to get nailed with 9 bajillion secondaries though today. yesterday i got nothing, sat i got 2, and friday i got like 8.
Later secondary receivers are at an advantage - they get to see the prompts from other sdn users without the pressure of having the secondary in their email.

that's an awesome positive perspective.

Kid I ain't got **** yet and I'm not worried onnne bit. You are completely fine.

Lol chill man. Don't start looking up leases in the Caribbean just yet. Like everyone has said about applying, 'tis a long, weird, grueling process.

This is a stressful process, but you're way too bent out of shape. You really, really need to learn to relax and just let things happen.

For MD schools, early is always better. You haven't realized that yet?

Yes, you are at a huge disadvantage because you got your secondaries a couple of days later :sarcasm:

But seriously, these questions have been asked already. Use the search button and stop making ridiculous threads