Are there any times for fun in medical school? that's what i miss the most about college.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrh125

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
College was damn fun and it's a pity i didnt really get to chill and have fun until the last quarter of school. I had so much fun with friends, hookups, chilling, and just college stuff during that last quarter that I kept my apartment and still do some of that stuff because it sucks to realize that in your last quarter of school. :( Is there any opportunity for that in medical school? I understand everyone's gonna be older and more mature (doesn't mean we can't have fun though) and we will have way more work, but are there at least opportunities to have some of the fun that is a part of college?

Just keeping things chill and having fun would be great, I wouldn't want like a serious relationship in med school or anything because i'd have enough stress with school, and if I wanted to be stressed, confused, and work my butt off I'd probably just crack open a textbook for <insert class here>. Also, just being able to chill with friends, talk about and do silly stuff is so fun for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't listen to these people OP, you'll definitely need to spend every minute awake studying.
Enjoy your celibacy mate.

Don't listen to these people OP, you'll definitely need to spend every minute awake studying.
Enjoy your celibacy mate.

awesome! how'd you balance fun w/ medical school curriculum? :)
Had a ton more fun in med school than college.
that sounds like a good 90% of my undergrad (minus the last quarter)

I'm sure you just mixed us up since that guy doesn't know anything about what it's like as a med student ;)

You work really hard in med school when you need to work hard (which is most of the time). When you don't need to be working hard or you get a break, you have a good time. The rest of your class wants to have a good time. They coordinate and organize a good time. This isn't like being a pre-med where half of the people are too uptight to even talk to you, you're all having one common experience and everyone wants to let loose when it's time to.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I've heard through friends and acquaintances (n=5) at top 20 med schools, they went out more in their 1st year than in their entire undergraduate years.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure you just mixed us up since that guy doesn't know anything about what it's like as a med student ;)

You work really hard in med school when you need to work hard (which is most of the time). When you don't need to be working hard or you get a break, you have a good time. The rest of your class wants to have a good time. They coordinate and organize a good time. This isn't like being a pre-med where half of the people are too uptight to even talk to you, you're all having one common experience and everyone wants to let loose when it's time to.

sounds amazing, cant wait. working hard is great, but you gotta play hard as well :). I hated that premed uptightness, finishing my premed requirements was one of the best days ever for me for that reason.