Are there Lab reports/papers in d-school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keyvdent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is it common to have to write up lab reports or papers in dschool as much as in undergrad? They were never my favorite.

Members don't see this ad.

at nyu, we had to write I think a 15-20 page paper our 3rd and 4th year. really sucked.

Members don't see this ad :)
A comprehensive clinical case report on our patients

what about power point presentations?

Do we actually have to touch teeth? :barf:

Reactions: 1 users
yes you will have powerpoint presentations about 1-2 times during each year of dental school

I'm at D3 at UoP. I can remember asking specifically about the amount of writing when I was interviewed by a student. They said there wasn't much writing at all. Well... While this isn't much writing, it was more than I expected.

In D1 we had a few group PowerPoint presentations for case based discussions. We also had to do a case presentation on a fictional patient. D2 included a group microbiology lab report, a case presentation on one of your clinic patients, 4 clinic reflections with EBD. D3- 3 more EBD clinic reflections, a group paper with EBD, case presentation on clinic patient, and group project for practice management.

Additional case presentations are made in front of reconstructive faculty and oral surgeons for treatment planning when you have patients that need anterior implants, and other complex implant restorations.