are these assumptions correct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huseyin

ras mania
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a few questions regarding the test day. I would really appreciate if someonce can clarify these:

1- They are not allowing bags and papers into the classes that we take MCAT?
Then, if I want to bring Verbal passages to refresh myself before the verbal, I have to keep them in my bag outside the classroom. And between the test sneak outside and start to read. Right?

2- They do not let snakcs,coffee or water inside. Right?

3- After the lunch break, how many minutes before I should be in the classroom. Is the exam starting exactly one hour later or is the checking in starting one hour later?

thanks very much guys. Good luck to everyone.
huseyin

Members don't see this ad.

huseyin said:
Ok so I have a few questions regarding the test day. I would really appreciate if someonce can clarify these:

1- They are not allowing bags and papers into the classes that we take MCAT?
Then, if I want to bring Verbal passages to refresh myself before the verbal, I have to keep them in my bag outside the classroom. And between the test sneak outside and start to read. Right?

2- They do not let snakcs,coffee or water inside. Right?

3- After the lunch break, how many minutes before I should be in the classroom. Is the exam starting exactly one hour later or is the checking in starting one hour later?

thanks very much guys. Good luck to everyone.
huseyin

Correct on all assumptions. You should be back on time after lunch. It is advisable to bring your lunch and not to go off test site because if something were to happen you wouldn't be able to finish the test.

Secondly, don't stress and try to be practicing still on the day of the test. If you do that you are just going to make things worse.

From what I'd heard all of that stuff was allowed inside the test room, but bags were left at the front of the room.

I think a lot of it also has to do with your proctor. Some proctors aren't as strict as others (i.e. some might allow your wrist-watch to beep once when you start the timer on it at the start of each section... will allow you to have a bottle of water at hand during the test... etc.)

Just hope you get a proctor who doesn't cut you short on the time!! My SAT proctor did that way back in the day. GRRR@!

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI- I took the MCAT both times last year- 22 first and 28 the second time- now in PCOM 2009.
We were allowed to have bags in the room but had to put them against the wall. The second time, in august, they allowed me to take my DD coffee in the room and keep it on my desk- and I had mints out as well. and I used a digital watch both times- without a beeper. I do think it depends on the proctor- in the end if you blend into the crowd then I think you will be fine. My advice is just don;t do anything that will get yourself flustered or stressed out. I figured if they let me have my coffee then great- if they told me to throw it away then fine. Good luck to everyone this weekend and enjoy the process- hopefully you will NEVER have to go through it again. Any other questions just ask.
brian

I guess I would have to agree with the poster who said it depends on the proctor. Mine was pretty strict. They were two old ladies who were way serious and no timers nor bags were aloud.

Regardless of what is and isn't aloud in the room, I stand by my stance in saying don't drive yourself crazy with trying to practice in between the test. That's a stupid thing to do.