Are these schools enough for my application for an acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawkeye3211

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are nine schools enough for a DO acceptance this cycle. Applying June 3rd.
Cum GPA: 3.97
Sci GPA: 3.93
Mcat: 26 (10P,8V,8B)

Clinical experience:
I will have 230 hours in an ER hospital as a volunteer working/assisting doctors. Since I know Russian, I have been used as a medical interpreter multiple times, so I have worked directly with patients and doctors. I have also assisted doctors and nurses in any way possible.

48 hours working in patient access in the hospital. I worked with patients by getting them where they needed to go and explaining/informing the patient about the hospital.

80 hours as a member of various college organizations. Each further explained in my app.

20 hours of shadowing tow DO emergency physicians (I have a recommendation letter from one)

I am a white male that resides in Wisconsin. Economically disadvantaged according to AACOMAS standards. I have lived in a second-world country (Ukraine) for half of my childhood which I am very proud of because it has made me a more understanding and compassionate person. My parents never went to college, so I am a first generation college student. Street smarts would make you more successful there than college. College education sadly did not correlate well with success.
School list:
A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine for any of them

Are nine schools enough for a DO acceptance this cycle. Applying June 3rd.
Cum GPA: 3.97
Sci GPA: 3.93
Mcat: 26 (10P,8V,8B)

Clinical experience:
I will have 230 hours in an ER hospital as a volunteer working/assisting doctors. Since I know Russian, I have been used as a medical interpreter multiple times, so I have worked directly with patients and doctors. I have also assisted doctors and nurses in any way possible.

48 hours working in patient access in the hospital. I worked with patients by getting them where they needed to go and explaining/informing the patient about the hospital.

80 hours as a member of various college organizations. Each further explained in my app.

20 hours of shadowing tow DO emergency physicians (I have a recommendation letter from one)

I am a white male that resides in Wisconsin. Economically disadvantaged according to AACOMAS standards. I have lived in a second-world country (Ukraine) for half of my childhood which I am very proud of because it has made me a more understanding and compassionate person. My parents never went to college, so I am a first generation college student. Street smarts would make you more successful there than college. College education sadly did not correlate well with success.
School list:
A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine