Are these schools OOS friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omgpuppylol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to thin out my schools list for the upcoming app cycle. I'm a California resident BCP GPA=3.24, total GPA~3.40 // 22TS-21AA-19PAT.

Are the following schools out of state friendly?
1) Indiana University
2) University of Colorado, Denver
3) Ohio State
4) UConn
5) Nova Southeastern
6) MOSDOH (not yet accredited?)
7) University of New England (UNE)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
it is a worthwhile investment. it might save you money in the app process because you'll know which schools to apply to, instead applying aimlessly

for instance, on your list...2-4 are OOS unfriendly, with 7 being iffy because they favor new england residents. i just potentially saved you $300-400. how did i know about those schools btw? THE ADEA GUIDE. buy it. read it. LOVE it.

or spend like 10 bucks on the e-book for last year's edition. you'll still find some relevant info (not as much for the newer schools though)

Unless you are from Colorado, based on the ADEA guidebook, it doesn't really except OOS

UConn is sort of OOS friendly. It prefers firstly Connecticut residents, then New England residents, and lastly residents from any other state. I think your GPA might be on the low side for UConn but try anyways. VCU accepts ~30 OOS out of the 90 seats available. VCU's most recent stats were 3.6 cGPA/3.6 sciGPA, 20 AA, and 20 PAT.

you don't even need to buy the adea guide book if you don't want to, it should be available at your local library

Trying to thin out my schools list for the upcoming app cycle. I'm a California resident BCP GPA=3.24, total GPA~3.40 // 22TS-21AA-19PAT.

1) Indiana University
3) Ohio State
4) UConn
5) Nova Southeastern

Thank you!

UConn percentage wise is OOS friendly but they only have 40 seats and you need to have stellar numbers.

Colorado is OOS friendly but only if you're WICHE.

UNE is not out of state friendly unless you're from New Hampshire or Vermont.

NOVA is OOS friendly I believe.

I don't know about the others.

Ohio state is nearly impossible to get in unless you're instate.

In my personal experience Indiana university is not oos friendly. I applied to 10 schools, received interview invites to all but Indiana. 3.9 gpa with 20s on dat. And eventually multiple acceptances. Not sure why no love from Indy.

Last edited:
at my UNE interview (Im from Houston) there were many OOS applicants (none from neighboring states) interviewing with me....

so I guess its OOS friendly

1) Indiana University
3) Ohio State
4) UConn
5) Nova Southeastern

Thank you!

NOVA is a private school and has no regional preference. It is your best bet on that list. OOS is tough unless you have high stats.