Are These Schools OOS Friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemist0157

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I get some OOS information about these schools? I don't need specific numbers...just some opinions or information from other sources besides the websites of the schools. Their websites didn't provide any OOS statistics.

Thanks!

South Alabama
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Marshall
West Virginia
Eastern Virginia
Tennessee Health Science Center
Thomas Jefferson
Upstate NY
NYU

Members don't see this ad.

South Alabama is friendly to people on the Gulf Coast, (ie near south Mississipii, and possibly north west Florida.)

Hi Doctor Pardi!!

There's a thread called "schools." that was just posted, there's a link to AAMC's table on OOS/IS numbers- applied vs matriculated.

Eastern VA is for people from/ wanting to stay in Norfolk.

Members don't see this ad :)
I searched but couldn't find that thread. :(
Can anyone else provide that link or other opinions about these schools?
Particularly Marshall, Tennessee HSC, West Virginia, and the NY schools.

NYU and Rosalind Franklin are both private schools, so I don't think that either show in-state preference.

PS Invest in the MSAR, it has all this info.

I searched but couldn't find that thread. :(
Can anyone else provide that link or other opinions about these schools?
Particularly Marshall, Tennessee HSC, West Virginia, and the NY schools.

i'm OOS and i was accepted to marshall..it is a state school so they prefer in-state..i think my class (of 2012) is 25 OOS vs. 50 in-state..from what i hear you don't have a shot unless you have close ties to the state and/or you are from a bordering state..i'm from about 30 minutes away in kentucky so i think that definitely helped.

hope this information is useful. :)

For the most part Jefferson doesn't show an in-state preference. They do hold a few specific spots for Delaware residents due to a deal with that state, but they give no preference to PA residents over OOS applicants.

Can I get some OOS information about these schools? I don't need specific numbers...just some opinions or information from other sources besides the websites of the schools. Their websites didn't provide any OOS statistics.

Thanks!

South Alabama
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Marshall
West Virginia
Eastern Virginia
Tennessee Health Science Center
Thomas Jefferson
Upstate NY
NYU

RFU, St Louis, Jeff and NYU are very OOS friendly...west va, east va, and upstate NY are semi OOs friendly...Marshall, south alabama, and Teneesee arent OOS friendly