Are three fillings really needed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello there, i would like some advice as to whether the pictures i have uploaded of the teeth shown, require fillings for all of these. there is one with a medium-large sized cavity, another with a large dark shadowing on the back of the front incisor (this has been present for the best part 8 years, although now im told it needs to be filled despite appearing the same as it always was), another with a smaller cavity and two x-rays. i am told there is a slight darkening on one of the other teeth in one of the x-rays in comparison to the healthy teeth it is surrounded by and this indicates a possible need for a filling. that specific darkening is in reference to the smaller cavity.

any information on this would be appreciated as my dentist of over 10 years has moved away to Australia and i'd like to be in the know as best as possible before committing my oral health to another.

thank you for your time :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• tooth 1.jpg
    tooth 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 97
  • tooth 2.jpg
    tooth 2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 90
  • tooth 3.jpg
    tooth 3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 91
  • tooth 4.jpg
    tooth 4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 91
  • tooth 5.jpg
    tooth 5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 91
More a case of separation anxiety than a case of whether the "fillings" need to be done.

Does there appear to be decay there on both the clinical photos and radiographs? Yes

Is SDN a place to seek actual, personal treatment advice? No

Members don't see this ad :)
If this is a board question based solely on photo and xray, I'd say 'YES'. But 'YES' those lesions may stay same size another 8 years or it may worsen into a root canal next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.