Are we all at the same level after an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anselmian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
That pretty much sums it up. After we interview, do statistics still matter, or is everyone pretty much placed on the same level? I'm sure that it differs by school, but in general, is there a trend?

If anyone happens to know specifically, what is the deal for UNE and UConn?

Members don't see this ad.

Statistics definitely still matter. I don't know about those schools specifically but at UW they told us they use some of our statistics to decide what order they review applicants in before making a final decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Statistics definitely still matter. I don't know about those schools specifically but at UW they told us they use some of our statistics to decide what order they review applicants in before making a final decision.

it will only make sense if they did it like this, otherwise, you'd see a whole lot more people with stellar stats not getting accepted because they didn't do so hot on the interview. ( I am sure that really happens, but I am saying that there will be more people who doesn't get accepted)

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely not on the same level. From what I heard from a school I interviewed at, they score interviewees on their DAT, GPA, interview, extracurricular activities, LOR, and etc and they add those together and rank the interviewees.

Reactions: 1 user
For the most part, they do a whole file review with the interview being one of they many component of your file. However, some schools probably weight the interview(s) differently with some giving it more weight while others giving it less.

Interesting. Thanks for all of the replies! I've just been curious.

after your interview, more than likely you're re ranked among other applicants who have already interviewed at that point (your whole application+interview performance). schools from what i understand, know whether or not they will accept you relatively shortly after they interview you...they just can't tell you, legally, until dec. 1st. of course, you could be 'lucky' like i was and have a few schools that were undecided about your application months after your interview

when grades still matter even more than that, is when you're placed on a waitlist. no matter which way you cut it, grades are huge in this factor. if you're .1 behind someone gpa wise, you're probably behind them on a waitlist.

Last edited:
I sort of hope not. I worked really hard all four years of my undergrad to get the grades I got (though it doesn't hold a candle to some of the amazing applicants here). I'd hate that because I fumbled on one question, I lose the chance of getting in to someone with not so stellar grades/DATs. Don't get me wrong, I know everyone has worked hard to get to where they are today.

The deans at the schools i interviewed at straight up told us that GPA/DAT is not taken into consideration anymore. They said that applicants will be selected on the basis of solely EC and interview : /
I even asked other applicants if I heard correctly ( one guy even asked me if I had good grades because I look so shocked lol).

But who knows if that's really the case... I found that hard to believe, but the schools I interviewed at do have low averages. meh >_>

The deans at the schools i interviewed at straight up told us that GPA/DAT is not taken into consideration anymore. They said that applicants will be selected on the basis of solely EC and interview : /
I even asked other applicants if I heard correctly ( one guy even asked me if I had good grades because I look so shocked lol).

But who knows if that's really the case... I found that hard to believe, but the schools I interviewed at do have low averages. meh >_>
I'm screwed!

Last edited:

Was this at AT Still?

nope. western. and one more school but i dont remember which so I am not gonna say it to confuse people.

lol besides, AT still never considered GPA/DAT in the first place : p
Interesting!
Very true that's why I asked if that was it haha