Are withdrawals technically repeats on VMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PittPreVet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you withdraw, take a W, and then technically repeat the course later, is it considered a repeat when you're punching in your academic information on VMCAs? Someone let me know asap!
Much love and appreciation.

Members don't see this ad.

Call them and ask. They answered a weird grade-related question for me last year. It's way safer hearing it directly from them than asking here.

Reactions: 1 user
No, they aren't.

Quote from the instructions page: "Withdrawn courses, courses taken at different schools, or courses taken repeatedly but not retaken for a better grade (i.e. school band, gym courses, etc.) are NOT considered repeated."

Members don't see this ad :)
No, they aren't.

Quote from the instructions page: "Withdrawn courses, courses taken at different schools, or courses taken repeatedly but not retaken for a better grade (i.e. school band, gym courses, etc.) are NOT considered repeated."
SO many of these questions could be directly answered by reading the VMCAS instructions/FAQ before a thread/post on the APVMA page is made. :bang:

Reactions: 1 users
SO many of these questions could be directly answered by reading the VMCAS instructions/FAQ before a thread/post on the APVMA page is made. :bang:

That facebook page. For serious.

I did look through VMCAS and I called, but I just wanted the opinions of others. I had no idea I'd ruffle anyone's feathers by asking a question (pinkpuppy) but thanks to the rest of you :)

I hear so much negative about that page. It's probably better to just look through what VMCAS has

You have no idea. A few years ago, it wasn't bad. The last application cycle or two, the misinformation has been rampant.

I did look through VMCAS and I called, but I just wanted the opinions of others. I had no idea I'd ruffle anyone's feathers by asking a question (pinkpuppy) but thanks to the rest of you :)
It wasn't necessarily said to make you feel bad or anything, but the instructions are there for a reason. Mouse is completely right that you (collectively) need to ask VMCAS, not peera who have just as much info as you do. That's how things go wrong. Our opinions on how things should be entered don't matter, especially when it is clearly stated by VMCAS. Us telling you the wrong thing could lead to your app being delayed.

Touche, indeed ! Guess you're right. I just kind of freak out about the whole thing and want answers/opinions from everyone, even if it be the wrong source, lol.

Also, I do have another question if any of you care to answer...I have like, 8-10 experiences I'll be listing in my experiences section- all Animal/Veterinary experiences and 1 research experience..Does it matter if that's all I put or should I have some employment, extracurricular, and volunteer stuff in there too? I don't have much. one of my vet experiences was paid, and a lot of my stuff is volunteer work. Does that sound "well rounded" enough? or am I lacking?

Also, I do have another question if any of you care to answer...I have like, 8-10 experiences I'll be listing in my experiences section- all Animal/Veterinary experiences and 1 research experience..Does it matter if that's all I put or should I have some employment, extracurricular, and volunteer stuff in there too? I don't have much. one of my vet experiences was paid, and a lot of my stuff is volunteer work. Does that sound "well rounded" enough? or am I lacking?

I would take your question over to the Class of 2020 Applicants thread. More people will probably see it there.

However, my question is... do you have addition employment, volunteer stuff, or extracurricular? Because if you have more then you should list it.

If you don't have more... I don't think anyone can really tell you that you're lacking without knowing what the actual experiences are. 8-10 experiences that are diverse and have a decent number of hours is much different than 8-10 experiences that are all really similar and/or mostly very short term.

I would take your question over to the Class of 2020 Applicants thread. More people will probably see it there.

However, my question is... do you have addition employment, volunteer stuff, or extracurricular? Because if you have more then you should list it.

If you don't have more... I don't think anyone can really tell you that you're lacking without knowing what the actual experiences aactu
Some are shorter than others but most are 3+ months and all are 50+ hours. Totaling over 1000 hours already for me.

Some are shorter than others but most are 3+ months and all are 50+ hours. Totaling over 1000 hours already for me. I did my capstone in the summer so it is the shortest, but I have small animal, small animal Chinese traditional veterinary medicine, small animal emergency and specialty, interning at a zoo, volunteered at a wildlife center and a cat and dog shelter, externing at a horse surgeon's, soon to be externing with an ambulatory mixed animal/food animal vet. Not all is vet expeirece but animal is just as valuable (?). Also, I do have a few things I could put otherwise. Guess I'll put them there.