Are you getting burned out with secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been putting off the secondaries that require me to start from scratch for any of the responses, so now that I'm making my way back to those I really want to curl up in a ball and cry lol. I was cruising for a while by recycling everything and now I'm stuck....grrrrr.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been putting off the secondaries that require me to start from scratch for any of the responses, so now that I'm making my way back to those I really want to curl up in a ball and cry lol. I was cruising for a while by recycling everything and now I'm stuck....grrrrr.

Same here. I've finished the "easy" secondaries that don't require me to write anything new. Now all I have left are the hard ones (that also happen to be the higher-priority schools on my list). Whyyy

Reactions: 1 user
I have two more waiting. I received one 7/2 and another 7/10. They are requiring me to think and make up new things. I don't understand how people can do more than 15 schools. I applied to 12 and received 10 thus far. Still dying. I haven't even worked on them since Sunday.
Granted, I am working 25-30 hours a week at an internship through the beginning of August, working part-time and picked up another part-time gig to help me not overdraft my bank account. Also, my committee letter still isn't in (and may not be until the 7th) so I am not too terribly motivated to work on the hard apps now.

Members don't see this ad :)
YES. I'm working full-time (and overtime), I was across the country for a wedding two weeks ago and I moved to a new town last week.

So. Far. Behind.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else reread their stuff and cringe? My essays have been evolving haha

Reactions: 14 users
Anyone else reread their stuff and cringe? My essays have been evolving haha
Yes, I want my first 5 back, as they definitely got better through recycling. Sigh

Reactions: 4 users
I think I'm going the opposite direction!! I was all motivated and geeked out about finally applying that my first few essays could have been published! Then I got burned out and any essay written after July 3rd looks like it was written by a second grader :rolleyes:. Lol oops oh well.

YES. I'm working full-time (and overtime), I was across the country for a wedding two weeks ago and I moved to a new town last week.
Hm, I see a lot of people complaining that because they work full-time, they are slow at secondaries. I mean, I work 40-45 hours/week (salaried; no OT, thanks Obama) and am moving next week to the other side of town but I haven't really slowed down much. Maybe other people can do the same? :shrug:

Hm, I see a lot of people complaining that because they work full-time, they are slow at secondaries. I mean, I work 40-45 hours/week (salaried; no OT, thanks Obama) and am moving next week to the other side of town but I haven't really slowed down much. Maybe other people can do the same? :shrug:
A bit presumptuous, don't ya think?

My job is exhausting. I've been working 60 hour weeks (I would love that extra 20 hours you have each week, by the way) and traveling back and forth across the country and my state. I'm also training for a marathon and volunteering, which takes up time. In the little bit of time that I have to myself, I'm usually too exhausted to experience anything but writer's block.

I've slowed down. I understand why other people get slowed down. I don't understand comparing yourself to other people you don't even know, though lol.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm not comparing! I actually meant for my post to serve as encouragement for others who have run into some type of roadblock. I also have other activities going on beyond my job as well, though not as physically exhausting as marathon training. Don't mean to be bragging or putting others down at all, sorry if you think that.

I'm not comparing! I actually meant for my post to serve as encouragement for others who have run into some type of roadblock. I also have other activities going on beyond my job as well, though not as physically exhausting as marathon training. Don't mean to be bragging or putting others down at all, sorry if you think that.
It's all good :) I think we're all just ready for this part of the process to be over!

GUYS! I FINALLY HAVE INTERNET IN MY NEW APARTMENT! I might actually be able to knock a few of these out now :banana:
(sorry in advance for using this post as my pseudo facebook status update)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
T-3 days from finishing my secondaries. Soon this will all be over...

I barely had any motivation to do my Case secondary...and that was only my tenth. Ended up being my final.

Edit: also finally buying my first plane tickets for interviews makes me realize how glad I am I focused my list to the extent that I did...both in terms of headache and money. God bless those who have the patience/money to do 20-25 of these things

Comforting to see some other folks who are struggling and feel behind. Seeing the rest of SDN getting all of their secondaries in on the first day was making me feel lonely lol. I've always had issues with being motivated to write/writing things in a timely manner, so this is tough for me. Pre-writing wasn't even an option.

I just got my UCLA secondary today and already have my answers prewritten. Finishing up Duke tonight. These are my two outstanding secondaries. Waiting for Rowan, Temple, and UCSF.

All of which is to say, now that the process is nearing the end i finding myself feeling like i'm lacking things to do after i get off work. What am i supposed to spend my time on obsessing over until once i'm done with my secondaries and before my interviews?! Do i actually have to go back to being a good partner and interact with my boyfriend that i live with??

I'm finally almost done with mine but now I have to wait for 3 of my 4 letters of rec to be submitted... 2 should be soon but I have no idea when the last is gonna be in. I want to say something to my professor but don't want to be rude... I just can't wait for this all to be done!

you don't even know how many gains i have lost in this process...so...many...gains...

Reactions: 2 users
This is one of those rare moments where I don't want to see my inbox.

I have 6 to do by end of next week. I'm leaving Duke till last, that monster...

Talking about monster secondaries... UCSD!

Still slowly chipping away at them... I can get like two done a day. Review them for the next day or two, make tweaks, make sure they don't sound horrible. Usually they do because anything produced from my brain after midnight is mush.

Reactions: 1 users
12 out of the way (somehow), waiting on 2, have to do 6........ Lord help me CWRU and Feinberg, please don't cross me out for taking all 3 golden weeks on your sweet sweet secondaries lol

12 out of the way (somehow), waiting on 2, have to do 6........ Lord help me CWRU and Feinberg, please don't cross me out for taking all 3 golden weeks on your sweet sweet secondaries lol
1. The 2-week secondary thing isn't a real rule. It's an SDN neurotic recommendation. Just don't take like 1.5 months to write 3 essays and it is ok.
2. YOU HAZ PIKACHU COME JOIN OUR POKEMON THREAD