Are you going to take a course or study on your own?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CharlieMargot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't decide whether or not to take a course or to study on my own. Are there statistics showing who does better overall? I'd usually study on my own but this is the new MCAT and I don't know what to expect :/

Members don't see this ad.

Simple answer? There's no data on the new MCAT. For the old one, it didn't matter assuming you had the capability to keep yourself focused outside of the classroom environment.

Reactions: 1 users
Study on your own if you are confident in your study skills and discipline. No company can tell you anything much about the new MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't decide whether or not to take a course or to study on my own. Are there statistics showing who does better overall? I'd usually study on my own but this is the new MCAT and I don't know what to expect :/

It is interesting that there are no statistics being used by the companies. You would think if there was some hard data showing benefit they would sure as heck use it. Maybe it would be too hard to design a study. Maybe there is no real benefit.

There is a thread around here where people who got above a 30 on the old exam would share their tips. Maybe go in there and see how many credited their performance to a prep company.