Arizona MPJE 2014 - study tips needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxxxpharmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying to take the AZ MPJE and would like to know which study material I should purchase, if any, among prempje versus pharmacyexam or both. Any help or advice would definitely be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I passed the AZ MPJE and wanted to provide you with my experiences in order to help you prepare.

I purchased both the prempje and the pharmacy exam (Rx Exam). I found both resources useful during my exam preparation. The prempje provides 90 practice quiz questions in a computer adaptive test format, in-depth answers/explanations, and an estimation of your score. The down side is the answers were sometimes poorly explained or blatantly incorrect for this state. The Rx Exam provides 5 x 30 question practice quizzes, strait forward explanations, and is more user-friendly than prempje. If you are restricted by time and/or money, I would go with Rx Exam, and study each quiz question and answer explanation.

Other resources I used:
  • AZPA State and Federal Law Review (found on website under CE - Pharmacy Law Course).
  • The "green book" - should have been sent to you by the AZPA when you completed your application packet. Allegedly this packet alone is sufficient information for a passing score on the exam.
  • Quizlet flashcards
One pharmacist (from out of state) told me they read the "green book" for a week and passed. This book provided to you by the AZPA is supposed to be sufficient to pass the exam. However, many of the questions are scenario based (require you to apply the law to the scenario). So, in my experience I don't know that I would have passed without doing some form of exam practice questions. Another pharmacist I met studied for only two days and passed with ~ 84 but had practiced in Arizona as an intern for a few years. Lastly, a pharmacist I spoke with (also from out of state) used a similar method as me (above) and passed with ~ 88 or 90 (cannot remember). I have not practiced in AZ (transplant from WA 2014), so I went a little overboard with the diversity/amount of materials I used to prepare for the exam.

Other tips:

Everyone I have spoken with feels like they failed after the exam. That is because some of the questions have more than one correct answer, which hurts most people's confidence. However, you need to choose the answer that is both correct and pertinent to the question or scenario. Don't pack your bags and go home, yet don't throw away your notes after the exam. You will find out your score within 2 business days online at the NABP website. The pass rate for AZ is a little over 90% so most likely you will pass if you have reasonably sufficient materials and time to study.

Bear in mind there are many K-type questions, and I believe you may be able to receive partial credit for these (e.g. 0.67 points if your answer does not include all of the correct answers but contains some). I am not absolutely sure on the point delegation for these questions.

If you have other questions I would be able and more than happy to answer them! Wish you all the best.

"I have done my best: that is about all the philosophy of living one needs." -Lin Yutang

Reactions: 1 users
Could you pls share your rx exam questions if you still have it. I am willing to purchase them.

Hello,

I passed the AZ MPJE and wanted to provide you with my experiences in order to help you

"I have done my best: that is about all the philosophy of living one needs." -Lin Yutang

That was very helpful. Thanks. Anxiously waiting for the green book