Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from admissions after an interview yet?

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

What were the cutoffs (before they were removed)?

If I remember right, cutoff was 500 MCAT with each section 125+. I believe it said competitive gpa's would be 3.4+. Nothing has been heard regarding decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed, they stated that the committee meets on every other Thursday, so you should hear something quite soon I would imagine. Good luck!

They told the first group to expect a decision within three weeks. They still have one week if they take the full time.

If I remember right, cutoff was 500 MCAT with each section 125+. I believe it said competitive gpa's would be 3.4+. Nothing has been heard regarding decisions.

So does that mean they don't have minimums anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

As a new program, they are most likely going to be more lenient on minimums and cutoffs. I was below the posted cutoffs and received an invite.

You guys are all tripping, just settle down for a bit. Ken Bone didn't die for this.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed very recently, but I'm aching for some news here too!

Do I stand a chance? My cgpa is a 3.4 and sgpa is a 3.35. I received a 500 (124,126,125,125) on the mcat. However, I received a c- in organic 1 and have not taken biochem.

Do I stand a chance? My cgpa is a 3.4 and sgpa is a 3.35. I received a 500 (124,126,125,125) on the mcat. However, I received a c- in organic 1 and have not taken biochem.

You never know unless you try right? As a new school it's very hard to tell what's the admission standard at ARCOM. But I believe you have a reasonable chance, so turn in your app asap to avoid being late :). You might also want to take biochem and explain in your interview that you plan to take it this semester or in the spring. Good luck!

Last edited:
You never know unless you try right? As a new school it's very hard to tell what's the admission standard at ARCOM. But I believe you have a reasonable chance, so turn in your app asap to avoid being late :)
Agreed! Submit soon if you can.

You never know unless you try right? As a new school it's very hard to tell what's the admission standard at ARCOM. But I believe you have a reasonable chance, so turn in your app asap to avoid being late :). You might also want to take biochem and explain in your interview that you plan to take it this semester or in the spring. Good luck!

Thank you so much!

Decided to throw my hat in the ring with you all and submitted my app tonight! Hope you guys get some acceptances tomorrow!

Decided to throw my hat in the ring with you all and submitted my app tonight! Hope you guys get some acceptances tomorrow!
Great decision! Good luck to you. I hope you hear from them soon!

If the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow, they probably have at least 100 students to review. I'm guessing they won't be making any phone calls tomorrow. But we'll see!

IS TODAY THE DAY LADIES AND GENTS??????? Hoping for some Fudge via phone today

Reactions: 5 users
IS TODAY THE DAY LADIES AND GENTS??????? Hoping for some Fudge via phone today
I sure hope so!! Although, I have convinced myself that if they are meeting today, they won't have time to make any calls until tomorrow.

Is the admission committee's review for only the 1st set of interviews?
Just speculating, but my interview group had like 12 people, so I doubt they do an entire ADCOM meeting for one group. My guess is that they review 3 or 4 groups in one meeting, but then again they could just put all of our names in a hat and shake it up so who knows.

Good luck on the possible admissions results today y'all! I'll be interviewing here on 10/24, and based on what I've read, I'm super excited for this interview :) I was really surprised on the quick turnaround - secondary was submitted on 10/07, and I got my II on 10/10. They are not wasting any time meeting the applicants lol!

As far as facilities go, they were top notch. Far Above average.

I've seen the facilities at this school already (local kid), but how did they compare to other DO schools you all have been to?
They will absolutely love that you are local. +5 for you.

Is anyone else anxiously waiting for a phone call?!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else anxiously waiting for a phone call?!

If they are meeting today, they probably won't get around to making phone calls until tomorrow.

At least, that is my justification for not getting a phone call yet today.

If they are meeting today, they probably won't get around to making phone calls until tomorrow.

At least, that is my justification for not getting a phone call yet today.

At least no one else has gotten one either hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
Alright folks, let's hope tomorrow is the day!

Anyone have the courage to call them and ask when they will be making their first round of decisions??

Lol they are super nice. Just call!

Everyone there seemed really excited to start getting students. I am sure that they are doing everything in their power to get decisions out as soon as possible.

Complete at 12 and an II at 4:44! I'll take it!

Reactions: 3 users
Awesome interview experience yesterday! There were two meet and greets with faculty (one with cookies!) which was casual and reduced the anxiety of the day, a team based activity, and one interview with a faculty and community member. All around a very laid back day.. best of luck to all interviewing!