Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

After reading Student Doctor forums since January I decided to create an account! These have been hilarious to read...

Anyway, I interviewed 9/30 and haven't heard back!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

After reading Student Doctor forums since January I decided to create an account! These have been hilarious to read...

Anyway, I interviewed 9/30 and haven't heard back!

:welcome: and congrats on getting accepted! If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even get a secondary here or even a call back after emailing and calling them since August.

:welcome: and congrats on getting accepted! If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even get a secondary here or even a call back after emailing and calling them since August.

Thank you (I got the acceptance from my in-state school)! This is definitely a top school (especially the windows in the anatomy lab) :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here on Monday!!

Reactions: 2 users
For everyone interviewing and coming in the night before, if you're looking to spend maybe a little bit of time hanging out, head downtown to check out places to eat. My favorites are Rolandos (authentic Latin food- my fav), Doe's (pricey but awesome steakhouse), Bricktown Brewery (American cuisine with local beer), and Papa's Pub and Pizzeria (busiest bar in town with maybe the best pizza in the city- really fun/young atmosphere if you're here for a weekend interview). All of those places you can easily eat for $10-15 an entry with the exception of Doe's. There's a Mexican restaurant downtown too called La Huerta that is pretty good and cheap (El Zarape is IMO better and has 1 penny margaritas everyday :thumbup:). If you see a foodtruck downtown (there are a ton and actually have great food) called Truckin' Delicious, you're in for a treat.

Just trying to help everyone out since there aren't any students to tell you about places to go! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 4.38.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 4.38.33 PM.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 61
3.9 uGPA, 3.9 sGPA, 496 MCAT, 2,500 healthcare hours. Acceptance at OSU-COM

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
3.6/3.6 505 (one subsection under 125)

Had no idea such a broad array of stats were being interviewed haha, I agree they are looking for best fit.

3.6/3.6 505 (one subsection under 125)

Had no idea such a broad array of stats were being interviewed haha, I agree they are looking for best fit.
Any med school that interviews me has a broad range

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Agreed.

I wonder if they will give out acceptances from multiple interview dates at once

Confirmed acceptance as of about 10 minutes ago.

I didn't get a call from Dr. Heiles, but I did get an official letter in the mail. Interview date for me was 9/30.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Confirmed acceptance as of about 10 minutes ago.

I didn't get a call from Dr. Heiles, but I did get an official letter in the mail. Interview date for me was 9/30.

Good luck to everyone!
Whaaaaaa!!??? Congratulations! !!!!!!!!!

Just received the letter as well. Accepted! OK resident. 3.25/3.25/502. Interviewed 10/3.

Reactions: 6 users
Got the acceptance in the mail today as well! Congrats to all those who were accepted! KS resident, LizzyM ~63

Anyone who interviewed 10/10 hear anything? Didn't know if it would be too soon since they said 2-3 weeks.

Congrats everybody!!
Anyone get accepted who are not from the region?

Last edited:
Anyone from 9/26 hear anything yet? I'm hoping these are not in chronological order haha congrats to everyone with an acceptance!

Congrats everybody!!
Anyone get accepted who are not from the region?
If they're doing it all by snail mail, it may take an extra day or two for you guys outside of the region. Hopefully you all get news soon too!

Just got home and the letter was waiting for me. Accepted!!

I truly hope everyone on this thread receives an acceptance as well!!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone from 9/26 hear anything yet? I'm hoping these are not in chronological order haha congrats to everyone with an acceptance!

I hope not! I know this was a top school for me.. I'll be hoping for the mail tomorrow +pity+

Never mind! I just checked the mail and I received an acceptance! Interview 9/30

Never mind! I just checked the mail and I received an acceptance! Interview 9/30
Whaaaaa!!! Man, this is a great day for this thread. I'm having a beer for each one of you that got an acceptance!

For the 10/10 interviews, I would presume that it may be 2 more weeks, so don't freak out!!

Hello everyone, I withdrew my II here that was to be on 10/31. Hope it goes out to one of you needing some good news this week. Best of luck to you all!

For those that have interviewed, did they say if the grading system would be pass/fail? I had heard there will be a dress code.. Any details on that?

For those that have interviewed, did they say if the grading system would be pass/fail? I had heard there will be a dress code.. Any details on that?
I don't know about grading system, but I believe they said there will be a dress code. No jeans or shorts, etc.