Army Scroll Process for 2LT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NickArmy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long the scroll approval takes to commission as 2LT in MSC?
Thank you all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It varies. Generally 4-5 weeks.

It's really a timing issue. The Recruiting Command needs to submit the list with a certain number of names so they don't inundate the Secretary of the Service concerned with multiple "scrolls". Sec Army wants to see a consolidated list on something like a monthly basis. Exactly what that number of names is, I have no idea. But when I've asked this question in the past, this has been the answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I got selected for AF HPSP and I am also waiting for scroll process. I just wonder why it takes so long? I (i'm from NC) and my buddy from Utah got our selection on the same day (Feb 17th), but he already got scroll approved and swore in, and I am still waiting. His recruiter has been out of office for a few weeks and he has been working with his flight chief. My recruiter refused to do anything for me and told me to keep waiting, it's congress job and he can do nothing about it (not sure if its true. My friend's recruiter was nice enough to keep checking on his status). Does anyone have any idea?

It varies. Generally 4-5 weeks.

It's really a timing issue. The Recruiting Command needs to submit the list with a certain number of names so they don't inundate the Secretary of the Service concerned with multiple "scrolls". Sec Army wants to see a consolidated list on something like a monthly basis. Exactly what that number of names is, I have no idea. But when I've asked this question in the past, this has been the answer.

There is the reason. Keep in mind that this is for Clin Psych for the Army, but I received word that I was selected on February 8th. I had to wait until April 14th to hear that my scroll was approved and waited until April 20th to sign my Oath of Office and get the paperwork ball rolling. 10 weeks in total if my count is right. Keep in mind that every person who is being promoted or commissioned in every MOS goes through the same process. Couple that with the fact that you are waiting on the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Designated branch (both very busy individuals) to sign off on your paperwork. The bottom line is that although it is frustrating, they'll get to it when they get to it. If you're told you are selected, there is nothing to worry about, just takes some time. From my experience I've learned that it doesn't help to compare yourself to someone else who is selected, as there are tons of human factor errors that may occur with individual recruiters.

Any of us selected for 72D and waiting for scroll approval?

Anyone here 2017 Oct amedd candidates get your scrolls back yet? Hoping to get some info on whether mine is just really delayed or if there others in the same boat. Thanks for the help.

Congrats to all who have at least been moved to scroll approval and I hope everyone hears something soon!