arrest record, maybe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dingdong1810

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if applying to pharmacy school (specifically the University of Washington or others) with a clean criminal record and an arrest record will damper my chances?

Here's what happened so you can get background: 2 years ago I was goofing off with friends and decided to take some sample cologne without paying for it. We were caught, taken to the back room of the store and the police were involved. I don't believe I was officially arrested (weren't handcuffed, and went freely home the same day) but the officer did read us our Miranda rights. I was able to get a lawyer and get the case dropped. Meaning, I paid for the cologne and what not, and the prosecutor never filed charges (A compromise of misdemeanor), so my criminal record is completely clean at this point.

Now my question is, with my background of the event, do you think I will have to disclose this to the pharmacy school, and does anyone know if they ask for "arrests" on the UW supplemental application? I know it was completely irresponsible of me but I've learned from it and want to move on. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Posted this on the pharmacy forum for those of you already in/finished the PharmD program might give me better insight!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it'll come up until you try to get an intern license. My reckless driving misdemeanor slowed down my pharmacist license processing.

Trust me, you aren't the only person who did something stupid when they were younger. Just disclose to the state board when getting your license. As long as you weren't arrested for dealing drugs (without a license) you will be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i doubt it would ever come up - if there are no convictions, there is no record

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the posts on here. Just disclose it and as long as it is not a felony you should be alright. I had a supplementary question from CHSU in California. I disclosed it and it didn't even come up during the interview. The BOP is another hurdle. I am currently applying for a pharmacy intern license and have to submit certified court documents and police reports. The BOP says it is a case by case process and it will show up during your fingerprinting. We will see if they grant me one but even if they don't my school says there is a appeal process and have had students in my situation with a misdemeanor successfully get a intern pharmacy license.

i doubt it would ever come up - if there are no convictions, there is no record

No, if there is an arrest report, there is a record of it as quite a number of federal applicants find out the hard way. Lie about this by omission and get caught, it's not good. This is a petty misdemeanor if that, you're way better off talking about it and getting it disclosed.

This won't be anything, really. There's convicted (though rehabilitated) violent felons who didn't have a problem with the Board.

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody asks about arrests....people are falsely arrested every day. Only convictions would be asked about. It might even be illegal to ask about arrests, although I'm not quite sure about that.

The thing I would be concerned with, isn't there a retail database where retail stores put in the names of people who steal, so they other retail stores will know not to hire them?