ArroWW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were other things going on behind the scenes that I wont air here. But lets say that it was bad enough that when someone told me that carbon had that power, Iassumed the mod was lying... not that samoa was unaware.
that I was unaware of what?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really did enjoy this game a lot. There was a lot to figure out and it was frustrating trying to find Arrow.... he was the last to join our PM group.

And I also have a new show to procrastinate with.... :)

Reactions: 1 user
You know DDS would have become a wolf then and game wouldn't have been over?
It would've been a lot easier, though. ;)

BTW, i was soo upset you got to be Arrow.

I doubted your inclusion in the game, and then you become an alpha villager? Son of a female dog (keeping it Pre-vet appropriate)! ;)
My PM response to SOV after getting my role:

rage-guy-happy-face-tears-of-joy.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Because I knew I was protected to a decent extent, and unlynchable, I actually considered coming out right away and being like, "Yeah, I'm the Arrow, unkillable and unlynchable. Wassup?"

I wonder how the game would've gone then...

Reactions: 1 users
New ending:

Merlyn was laughing his ass off at the idiocy of the citizens of Star City and the failure of their protectors to save the day based off one minor communication detail. Deadshot and the Dark Archer had their glasses raised in toast when they both suddenly seized and looks of shock and horrible pain crossed their faces. How could this be?! They fall to the ground with their glasses of whiskey crashing to the marble countertop with such force that a permeant impression was made. A dead DocDiggle looking in from the afterlife to turn and say something to the tall man standing beside him. "I told you busting glass on marble will cause a eyesore and that is why I forbid you to open bottles by cracking them on mine."

What caused this mysterious death of the two seeming victors? Why Green Arrow's cat of course. He hailed from another realm and was good buddies with Green Lantern and Thor and had his own cat power that allowed him to shoot an invisible arrow of ionic radiation that would instantly burst any organ it passed through. Everyone except Spats Cat has died. Good game everyone!
invisible-bow-and-arrow.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I FREAKING TOLD ONE OF THE KILLERS THAT SAMOA WAS INJURED BUT DIDN'T DIE.

I couldn't have given a bigger hint that she needed to be attacked twice

Reactions: 1 users
New ending:

Merlyn was laughing his ass off at the idiocy of the citizens of Star City and the failure of their protectors to save the day based off one minor communication detail. Deadshot and the Dark Archer had their glasses raised in toast when they both suddenly seized and looks of shock and horrible pain crossed their faces. How could this be?! They fall to the ground with their glasses of whiskey crashing to the marble countertop with such force that a permeant impression was made. A dead DocDiggle looking in from the afterlife to turn and say something to the tall man standing beside him. "I told you busting glass on marble will cause a eyesore and that is why I forbid you to open bottles by cracking them on mine."

What caused this mysterious death of the two seeming victors? Why Green Arrow's cat of course. He hailed from another realm and was good buddies with Green Lantern and Thor and had his own cat power that allowed him to shoot an invisible arrow of ionic radiation that would instantly burst any organ it passed through. Everyone except Spats Cat has died. Good game everyone!
invisible-bow-and-arrow.jpg
post-9764-citizen-kane-slow-clap-gif-Img-7O1E.gif

Because I knew I was protected to a decent extent, and unlynchable, I actually considered coming out right away and being like, "Yeah, I'm the Arrow, unkillable and unlynchable. Wassup?"

We'd have systematically eliminated your team and all the backups, then killed you. Our main discussion was over who was who on team arrow. If we'd known that neither carbon, DocE, DVMD nor dpmd were Arrow, they'd have died a lot sooner.

I have no idea why I chose to block you night one...random really....but then you laughed in my face. Ask SOV, it made me a sad panda.

I have no idea why I chose to block you night one...random really....but then you laughed in my face. Ask SOV, it made me a sad panda.

And then Phil and I kinda looked at each other and were like....wait...did I just find the arrow by mistake? Is SOV messing with me? :)

Lol, I didn't get actual notification from it, just this part in the write-up, "Before he gets there, a hot woman runs up to him, flashes him with her bewbs, and then tries to steal his bow and arrow. The arrow punches her in the face, retains his weapons, and continues on into the building."

Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly thought about looking for how to kill Samoa multiple times. But had I done it, I still don't know that we would have used that information because she still seered as Yao Fei; I sincerely thought she was just a damn-hard-to-kill village. There was no big conversation in team Arrow that Samoa had to be Merlyn. I made the mistake of trusting my ability.

To All you complainers. What if you got a role that you thought was 99% helpful to the wolves, but you were a villager (though SOV wouldn't confirm or deny allegience). What side to help? That is frustrating.

To All you complainers. What if you got a role that you thought was 99% helpful to the wolves, but you were a villager (though SOV wouldn't confirm or deny allegience). What side to help? That is frustrating.
For real! That was so frustrating.

Youre trying to cover your ass by saying that "There was a loophole to the ridiculous completely-out-of-the-spirit-of-ww mechanics I created. And because there was a loophole, its okay!". I would be bitching if we killed samoa. I would just be *gloating* and *bitching* together. Its a horrible game decision.

SOV's games don't follow tradition WW game mechanics very often anymore. You should know that by now. ;) He likes to branch out.

In fact, I think he actually stated in the Game Thread that this game wasn't going to be your usual game.

It's part of why I love playing SOV's games. :thumbup:I love mystery and puzzles. Traditional are *almost* too easy these days. I love the more in-depth, let's-try-something-new approach.

If a new approach doesn't happen to work, then tweak it another game. No need for anyone to bash someone who put a lot of time/effort into a game. Nobody's perfect and your games sure as hell weren't 100% perfect every time. This game, the mechanic was not the issue. The players lack of communication was.

Wow, there was a lot going on that I just wasn't aware of. Limited pming and losing my pm partner early on was a bit annoying, but I really enjoyed playing a chaos character for the first time. It was unfortunate no one else tried to kill Samoa after the failed lynch (I actually debated not doing it, because I thought someone else might and I didn't want to waste a kill) but I really suspected there was something off with her and was hoping my kill attempt would gain me favour with the villagers if my role came out later, so that I could bide my time and try to balance my acts with eventually killing a major villager.. but then trying to block her the next night failed as well, and writeups made me think that something might happen to me if I tried to kill her again, so I decided to just ignore her for the rest of the game and find my father for an extra kill. I will say that I was incredibly surprised I didn't get lynched after revealing I was Helena, I didn't think anyone would believe I was a regular villager. Anyways, I am probably less frustrated since I had no win condition, but I really enjoyed the game so thanks SOV and dyachei!! :)

I honestly thought about looking for how to kill Samoa multiple times. But had I done it, I still don't know that we would have used that information because she still seered as Yao Fei; I sincerely thought she was just a damn-hard-to-kill village. There was no big conversation in team Arrow that Samoa had to be Merlyn. I made the mistake of trusting my ability.
We would have known if you asked. All of your investigation results got sent to us, as long as FFM was alive. Which is why we took so long to convert him. And the only reason we did in the end was for sheer numbers, and the fact that he reported a result on the thread that didn't match up with what got reported to us. So it made me wonder if there were shenanigans going on.

Again, I don't see how my trying to figure out how to kill Samoa would have been anything but a waste of time given the information that I had (that she was Yao Fei).
Even after she was unable to be lynched? (Not criticizing you, just interesting how that would have been my next move.)

FFM i started to suspect your conversion when you were talking to me about not seering Samoa twice. wish I'd done it now. then when I died that info would go to team arrow.

FFM i started to suspect your conversion when you were talking to me about not seering Samoa twice. wish I'd done it now. then when I died that info would go to team arrow.

Lol, I wasn't converted yet when I said not to do it.

Well i KNEW you were converted when I was killed because I think I was flying under radar as a seer pretty well :p

shoutout to SOV for letting me have that last result tho

Well i KNEW you were converted when I was killed because I think I was flying under radar as a seer pretty well :p

shoutout to SOV for letting me have that last result tho

Yeah, I knew I would likely be toast. I thought when you didn't say who Carbon was, that you thought I was suspicious. You were very under the radar. Villagers kept trying to lynch you.

very interesting concept.

I have mixed feelings about the game mechanisms, but appreciate your commitment to it and your A+ writeups, and kinda glad i just got to view it from the outside... i enjoyed laughing at everyone flounder around... well done

I'm kinda glad I fell on the sword early in the game. This one was ... challenging. :)

Wonder how things would've gone with 4-5 person groups.

Maybe put it out there for the thread at large? I dunno, seems logical to me but again, I know we all strategize differently.