About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artilces on Osteopathy in the 60's and 70's

Discussion in 'Osteopathic' started by alfredoatlas, Apr 15, 1999.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. alfredoatlas

alfredoatlas Member

SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Osteopathic Community

I have been watching very closly the debates on weather we in the Osteopathic community are getting too far away from our orginal traditions. But the question is which traditions are we evading? Is it the tradtions of A.T Still or the more recent traditions of the graduates of the 60's and 70's who paved they way for our now having
    full practice rights and the opportunities for residencies of our choice(osteopathic& allopathic). My personal opinion is both, however in school we are only taught about the former.

I think it is important that we know from whence we can (the full story) in order to have proper picture of where we are going. I have over the last 5 months spent a great deal of time with more of the original members of SOMA. He has relayed to me some of the efforts made by them, the benefits of which we unknowingly reap now.

My question is: I am contemplating writing a series of articles on Osteopathy in the 60's and 70's primarily from a students' prospective for whomever would publish it(internet based magazines) WOULD ANYONE
    BE INTERESTED IN READING IT?
  2. NickCVM

NickCVM Senior Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    I would.
  3. cliff

cliff Senior Member

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Yes please.
  4. Eric Ryan

Eric Ryan Junior Member

Definently!
  5. KUMC_MD

KUMC_MD Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
  6. doyoda2004

doyoda2004 Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Have you read the latest edition of the Gevitz book? The DOs, second edition. His recent book provides a great deal of insight into this and is a "must read" for anyone in the osteopathic medicine field.