MD As a URM with a 3.4, can I still get into an MD school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jorge921995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
?

Members don't see this ad.

Thread is in the wrong place and yes.

Members don't see this ad :)
No a mod will.
A 3.4 isn't good but with a decent mcat and overall good app it shouldn't hold you back.

Non urm. 34 mcat on retake. 3.56 gpa. Multiple acceptances.

It's more than possible if you do well on the mcat. And if your ECs are rad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Non urm. 34 mcat on retake. 3.56 gpa. Multiple acceptances.

It's more than possible if you do well on the mcat. And if your ECs are rad.

lol, how is this relevant to a URM with a 3.4??

URM or not, it is definitely possible to get several MD acceptances with a 3.4 provided OP has a good MCAT score and good ECs. That is what @ridethecliche was getting at.

If anything, OP has a greater advantage provided that OP has contributed to the communities he claims to represent.

URM or not, it is definitely possible to get several MD acceptances with a 3.4 provided OP has a good MCAT score and good ECs. That is what @ridethecliche was getting at.

If anything, OP has a greater advantage provided that OP has contributed to the communities he claims to represent.

Yes I understand that and I agree.

Yes, it's realistic provided that you showed evidence of service and have an ok MCAT.

I am a URM in more than a few different ways, my GPA was 3.5, MCAT retake wasn't spectacular, I did get accepted to my top choice school though after a few rounds.

I'm non urm and have 3.4

OP, if you are a native American, you will for sure have an acceptance lol.

Relevant because a urm with the same stats would have killed it.

Point is the op could do very well if they did reasonably well on the MCAT and have decent ECs.