ASA certificate in business administration (CBA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a feeling it'll be worthless. If you want a business degree I'd get an MBA from a real school. Better opportunities will come when there's a degree/credentials recognize.

That CBA first made me think of the "PhD in Nursing"

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on what they intend to teach you, how long it takes, opportunity cost, and what YOU want to do with it. A certificate may be meaningless on its own, but if they have access to a unique database of real case studies from anesthesia groups all around the nation and how they've dealt with problems both successfully and unsuccessfully, I could see it having some use. I do not think you would get this sort of anesthesia specific training from a traditional multidisciplinary mba program.

Members don't see this ad :)
.... if they have access to a unique database of real case studies from anesthesia groups all around the nation and how they've dealt with problems both successfully and unsuccessfully.....
..... I do not think you would get this sort of anesthesia specific training from a traditional multidisciplinary mba program.

Good points

I would assume the CBA is much better than the MBA since it is much more focused to your interest.

Plus, I think people who drop over 50k on a MBA are stupid.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that's a valid point, but you can likely parlay that expensive MBA into a job outside of medicine or at least distant from medical practice. That CBA is very specific, so if you want to be your practice or departments' business person MAYBE it helps.

I would assume the CBA is much better than the MBA since it is much more focused to your interest.

Plus, I think people who drop over 50k on a MBA are stupid.
Sure. Eight days of on-site teaching plus 3 distance learning courses will beat any MBA. @BuzzPhreed will confirm.

Btw, the cost of an MBA for an attending physician is, first of all, opportunity cost. It's how much income one loses, not only how much tuition one pays. Same goes for fellow****s.

Last edited by a moderator: