ASDOH Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

creative8401

Im Anush Hayastan
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just received an email inviting me for an ASDOH interview. Has anyone interviewed there recently, if you have, will you please let me know your feelings, how was it, good/bad, how is the interview process setup, any essay/trick questions, I've read that in the past they ask these current event questions, are they still doing that? Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

great question ... anyone?

great question ... anyone?

it was very relaxed and good. there were 8 of us, split into "teams" of 4 to do a group presentation where they observe your teamwork and leadership skills. we do a pegboard test- simple. then theres a tour, lunch, financial aid, and info about their community health center rotations. you get interviewed by 2 people and a student who sits in. questions were typical (who, why). and you need to name the presidents of the 1980s. or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the "schedule your interview" website?

EDIT: its back up now

Last edited:
Does anyone else out there interview at ASDOH on Oct. 30?

I have interviewed 4 schools and ASDOH is my favorite so far. Great everything except their clinic didn't seem very busy. Interviewed at Midwestern, Nebraska, Case and ASDOH. No current event questions or other silly questions. Just 5 normal questions and thats all. If you want to talk about anything else then you will have to bring it up.

I have interviewed 4 schools and ASDOH is my favorite so far. Great everything except their clinic didn't seem very busy. Interviewed at Midwestern, Nebraska, Case and ASDOH. No current event questions or other silly questions. Just 5 normal questions and thats all. If you want to talk about anything else then you will have to bring it up.

I had an interview with them last cycle, and I think they are going to do the same thing last year. (just guessing) well..for me, last year, the interview was about 4 hours which included the dean speech, financial presentation ..etc.., They asked you to do the test with ur hands (don't worry, it's very easy thou') . Then they will give to a topic to discuss. They asked to to define " professionalism" , and how to incorporate it into the curriculum of dental school. They gave me around 30 mins break before an actual interview. 2 professors and 1 student interviewed me. They gave me a list of the question they would ask. There was 5 questions only (3 general question and 2 ethic question) They asked me 1 more extra ethic question. It took me around 25 mins for being interview. Just be urself, and I think u r fine. I did get into the top group last year, but rejected me at the end. They didn't let me know anything until May , then kicked me out. The admission was very nice to me. the bad thing is that they have 66 seats only, and they r really interested in community service. When I asked them the reason that I could not get in, they told me cuz' I dun have enough cominity service. well..gud luck to you all! and thanks God! I'm in dent school right now, and so tired of studying..hhehe

Bring a tissue. Be prepared to cry!

i got an email for a secondary and app fee. does everyone who applies get that or just people they are interested in? In other words, do you think they have really looked at my app and are interested, or do they just send that to everyone who applies and then actually look at the applicants?

I am not trying to hijack thread

i got an email for a secondary and app fee. does everyone who applies get that or just people they are interested in? In other words, do you think they have really looked at my app and are interested, or do they just send that to everyone who applies and then actually look at the applicants?

Trains of thoughts vary. I am on the fence. One would like to think that they received a secondary/send us more money email/snail mail because the school is really interested in them and they are at the top of the list. However, a lot of schools will request secondaries because they want to know more about you becaseu iniitially they are interested.

This is not always the case. What a way for schools to make a butt load more money for doing nothing except sending out secondaary requests (4500 applicants-400 interviews=4100 non-interviewed/truly considered. Now take the 4100 x 50 for the secondary app fee= 205,000):eek:

I see both sides of the coin and I am not passing judgment on the schools for how they conduct their admissions so please do not take it that way.

Because if you do not send int he secondary with the $ then you will never be considered.

thanks rdhdds1!

anyone else have an opinion on this?

They browse your app. and if you fulfill their basic requirements, or if you're at least on track to fulfill them then they send you the secondary. You app. doesn't actually get reviewed by the admissions committee until your secondary is in and the fee is paid. Then, if they like what they see then you get an interview.

Did you interview last thursday in the morning? I interviewed that afternoon, and yes the clinic didn't look busy but I think they were in the middle of "shift change" or something. But you get tons of clinic time. And when you're on your rotations you get as many patients as you can handle.

Just signed up for my ASDOH interview this week. Ill be doing the morning session. Bring on the coffee!

Hopefully it will be worth the $400 to get there!

I was so nervous for the peg board test I came in last place everytime :) Oops...

I thought the interview went well but based on not getting the call that many have mentioned getting recently maybe it didnt go as well as I had hoped.

Can someone please explain to me what a pegboard test is? I am completely clueless...

it was very relaxed and good. there were 8 of us, split into "teams" of 4 to do a group presentation where they observe your teamwork and leadership skills. we do a pegboard test- simple. then theres a tour, lunch, financial aid, and info about their community health center rotations. you get interviewed by 2 people and a student who sits in. questions were typical (who, why). and you need to name the presidents of the 1980s. or not.

I am comfortable with team work when put in a group, I mean I know how to behave to show them team work skills, but how can some one show leadership skills in team work, I mean every single interviewee in the group wants to show off as the leader, obviously not every single person can be the leader, so how are you supposed to behave in that situation to show your "leadership" skills?? any thoughts....I just thought it would be very difficult