Ask a PharmD/MBA/MPH/MS beginning his MD/PhD next year anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keenerx

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Research, academia, and clinical stuff all fascinates me. After shadowing a neurosurgeon for over 100 hours, it is very very likely the field I will pursue.

Questions?

Members don't see this ad.

what did you get on the mcat? How much do you think your work and knowledge obtained towards your other degrees will help you in medical school?

Members don't see this ad :)
How much money/how many years have you spent on your education? How many letters do you need after your name until you'll stop feeling inadequate? How hard are you trolling?
I really only need the answer to the last question.

Reactions: 4 users
what did you get on the mcat? How much do you think your work and knowledge obtained towards your other degrees will help you in medical school?
The pharmD will help the most certainly followed by the MS. MBA and MPH, not so much.

How much money/how many years have you spent on your education? How many letters do you need after your name until you'll stop feeling inadequate? How hard are you trolling?
I really only need the answer to the last question.
I've been in school for 13 years.

166.gif

Reactions: 5 users
What is the funniest word you can make from combining all of those letters after your name?

Lol what, are you trying to say you want to obtain all of those degrees? Good luck with that, (though near me is a DO/RPH/JD/PHD).
No I've completed my PharmD, MBA, MPH and MS already.

I personally think that obtaining more advanced degrees enhances one's prestige and value.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, a JD, DDS/DMD, ND and DO are your future goals?
I wouldnt ever pursue a ND or DO, redundant. A DDS can provide useful side knowledge for neurosurgery though and a JD is useful for malpractice.

Do you intend to complete the alphabet before you die?

Reactions: 3 users
Good for you man. Are you going to create your own job next?

Reactions: 1 users
Good for you man. Are you going to create your own job next?
I just want to get into hopkins neurosurgery. That was my main intention in getting all these degrees.

No, the degree that gives you a guaranteed spot at Hopkins neurosurgery is a MFA in interpretive dance.

You forgot about the unknown medical school hack that if you get a cPHT (certified pharmacist technician) within 14 months and 2 days of a D.D. (doctor of divinity), you flip a coin and rolled a six sided die. Heads gets you into an MD-PhD program, and tails is just an MD Program. The schools are listed on the six sided die:

1. UC San Francisco
2. Harvard
3. Yale
4. UWash
5. Stanford
6. Ross University at the Carribean

Reactions: 1 users
my GPA is actually 2.2

my GPA is actually 2.2

6.2*
You had a 6.2 GPA.

I saw your transcript brah.

I remember seeing that freshman Fall semester:

21 hours

Quantum Physics 3 hours
Biochemistry I 3 hours
Neoclassicism 3 hours
Fluid Mechanics 3 hours
Austerity in Government 2 hours