Ask Doctor Strange anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doctor Strange, why on EARTH didn't you tell them that you wanted Oded Fehr cast in your part instead of Bouncypants Chimperflinck?

:playful::pompous::playful:

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the role of the sarcoplasmic reticulum in the muscle with regards to calcium?

What is your goal for life? What are passionate about beyond medicine?

What is your goal for life? What are passionate about beyond medicine?
Buying the apartment at 177A Bleecker Street, New York, NY and filling it with Doctor Strange memorabilia and comics. I'm not even kidding.

Other than that, I enjoy comic books (obviously), running, cooking, and whisky.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, top ten scotch and whiskeys then. Can include cocktails.

How do you feel about mezcal?

What's your spirit animal?

(Answering questions asked of other people is fun! Also ridethecliche got in already and I am jealous.

The Balvenie>Gentleman Jack>reposado shot = Stoli cocktail>unfiltered Belgian white ales, macro or not

MY PATRONUS IS A ROBOT MADE OF PENGUINS.)

Doctor Strange, so Step 1 is ahead of you, if I'm remembering correctly. What do you (and I guess those classmates you've talked it over with) think are going to be your best strategies for really nailing it to the wall?

Okay, top ten scotch and whiskeys then. Can include cocktails.

How do you feel about mezcal?

What's your spirit animal?
This is in no particular order...

1. Jack Daniels (whiskey)
2. Yamazaki (whiskey)
3. Maker's Mark (bourbon)
4. Jefferson's (bourbon)
5. Jim Beam Devil's Cut (bourbon)
6. Whiskey cola (cocktail)
7. Whiskey ginger (cocktail)
8. Whiskey sour (cocktail)
9. Devil's Tail (cocktail from my favorite bourbon bar in Philly that includes Devil's Cut and absinthe)
10. Glenlivet (Scotch)

I've actually never had mezcal. I don't like to stray from my standard set of liquors.

I also am a huge fan of Bloody Marys.

My spirit animal is a wolf. Independent but extremely loyal to my pack.

Reactions: 1 user
(Answering questions asked of other people is fun! Also ridethecliche got in already and I am jealous.

The Balvenie>Gentleman Jack>reposado shot = Stoli cocktail>unfiltered Belgian white ales, macro or not

MY PATRONUS IS A ROBOT MADE OF PENGUINS.)

Doctor Strange, so Step 1 is ahead of you, if I'm remembering correctly. What do you (and I guess those classmates you've talked it over with) think are going to be your best strategies for really nailing it to the wall?
I'm sort of in the minority right now in that I'm not really freaking out about Step 1. I'm just doing my best to learn the material in my classes and when the time comes to study, I'll study. I plan on taking five weeks to study and will be doing First Aid and UWorld questions. Nothing too fancy. I'm looking to match in IM, so I don't need to knock it out of the park.

I'm taking it on June 13th.

I like my Bloody Marys

Attachments

• 1427332559100.jpg
    1427332559100.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 51
For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Reactions: 1 users
Sir, I regret to inform you that is not a Bloody Mary. That is a meat line buffet bowl with some booze slung around.

Yum.
But hold all the cow and pig plz.
Sir, I regret to inform you that is not a Bloody Mary. That is a meat line buffet bowl with some booze slung around.
Haha. I go to this place that typically serves the first batch of Bloodys with a random food item. Sometimes it's bacon... Other times its pizza. Their base mix is amazing, though. It includes Old Bay, which they also rim the glass with.

Haha. I go to this place that typically serves the first batch of Bloodys with a random food item. Sometimes it's bacon... Other times its pizza. Their base mix is amazing, though. It includes Old Bay, which they also rim the glass with.

I tried to get a Bloody Mary at this restaurant and asked them to not put any cow/pig garnish on the glass, the genius waitress comes back with it and was like "oh do you not eat cows or pigs? Coz this is made with beef broth"

wtf x100

I tried to get a Bloody Mary at this restaurant and asked them to not put any cow/pig garnish on the glass, the genius waitress comes back with it and was like "oh do you not eat cows or pigs? Coz this is made with beef broth"

wtf x100
That sounds delicious... Though not true to the Bloody recipe.

When will jefferson post their 2015 match list? I saw you posted then removed on the school specific forum

I'm interested in infectious diseases, which is a two year fellowship following IM. It has pretty much everything I'm looking for.

I was a pharmacology & toxicology major in undergrad. I love drugs. I love antibiotics. I don't want to do anything procedural. The lifestyle is good. Compensation is ehhhhhh, but I'm not that concerned about it. I like that it's a consult service that sees patients all over the hospital. I also like the out-patient portion of it dealing with HIV/AIDS patients.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I used to work for an outpatient HIV/ID practice. It was pretty cool.

Check out www.idimages.org

We submitted some cases there and they have some awesome student teaching cases. Let me know what you think!

What'd I get in to?

2. Yamazaki (whiskey)
4. Jefferson's (bourbon)
9. Devil's Tail (cocktail from my favorite bourbon bar in Philly that includes Devil's Cut and absinthe)
10. Glenlivet (Scotch)

I've actually never had mezcal. I don't like to stray from my standard set of liquors.

Mezcal is amazing in cocktails, like a mezcal mule. Try Glen moray best house scotch I've found to date.Like 30-35 a bottle and awesome.

Never had yamazaki but it's on the list.

2. Yamazaki (whiskey)
4. Jefferson's (bourbon)
10. Glenlivet (Scotch)

Jack Daniels? Yeesh.
Yamazaki is the smoothest whiskey I've drank. I love that stuff.
I'd say try a true old fashion served neat. Or try to get a bottle of Smokehead Scotch:
83c2b2b89120a4f36932df98edd2231c.jpg

ESPECIALLY during summer when you're grilling. Goes great with steaks/burgers/etc.

I feel I interviewed well (although I think I'll leave out of that list of good interviews the one where an interviewer TOOK A PERSONAL PHONE CALL in the middle) but I appear to be waitlisted. Again.

Gross, @Kaustikos stuck a glass of that stuff in my face on our first date as a joke. I almost threw it in his face. Yuuuuuuuuuuuck
Ever smell TEMED (Tetramethylethylenediamine)? 'Cept...you'd never wanna throw that in someone's face. :) Also, when do we get to see a pic of you two happily gallivanting together? Long overdue, soooo long overdue. We should also post it to the SDN promo pics.
I'm interested in infectious diseases, which is a two year fellowship following IM. It has pretty much everything I'm looking for.

I was a pharmacology & toxicology major in undergrad. I love drugs. I love antibiotics. I don't want to do anything procedural. The lifestyle is good. Compensation is ehhhhhh, but I'm not that concerned about it. I like that it's a consult service that sees patients all over the hospital. I also like the out-patient portion of it dealing with HIV/AIDS patients.
Pssst...you still alive? When do you take Step? Will you tell us how you fared? Gunners gotta gun! ::pew pew pew!:: :)
<3
2QT2Bcis Guero

Ever smell TEMED (Tetramethylethylenediamine)? 'Cept...you'd never wanna throw that in someone's face. :) Also, when do we get to see a pic of you two happily gallivanting together? Long overdue, soooo long overdue. We should also post it to the SDN promo pics.

Pssst...you still alive? When do you take Step? Will you tell us how you fared? Gunners gotta gun! ::pew pew pew!:: :)
<3
2QT2Bcis Guero
Yes, I'm alive.

I take it June 13th.

I will likely let people know how I did. I'm not looking to knock it out of the park, but I feel like I'll at least do decent.

Also, look here folks, take note of when @Doctor Strange joined and HIS post count compared to mine. That was his @MedPR (RI...PR?) goal alllllll along! *tsk tsk* Then he has the nerve to blow up my phone w/death-by-cute relationship texts while I'm trying to diligently study my CV physio. *tsk tsk*

Also, look here folks, take note of when @Doctor Strange joined and HIS post count compared to mine. That was his @MedPR (RI...PR?) goal alllllll along! *tsk tsk* Then he has the nerve to blow up my phone w/death-by-cute relationship texts while I'm trying to diligently study my CV physio. *tsk tsk*
Yuengling