Ask UTHSC-SA student anything!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

txlotusboys37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
up

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
interesting.. students tried to talk to you on other threads.. what makes you think this one would be different?

interesting.. students tried to talk to you on other threads.. what makes you think this one would be different?

ummm...negatory on that one ghost rider. It appears that brkenglass goes coo-coo for caca-puffs. Can I get a confirmation on that, do you copy? Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I wouldn't toot my own horn before proving brkenglass is wrong. Isn't it possible that you end up being one of the poor souls who has to spend 5 years or more getting their DDS?

Don't worry, we won't judge.

If I were you, I wouldn't toot my own horn before proving brkenglass is wrong. Isn't it possible that you end up being one of the poor souls who has to spend 5 years or more getting their DDS?

Don't worry, we won't judge.

Yep, if it's meant to be...it's meant to be. What if I don't even finish? oh well. What if you fail?

Don't worry, I won't judge you either.

Yep, if it's meant to be...it's meant to be. What if I don't even finish? oh well. What if you fail?

Don't worry, I won't judge you either.

LOL FYI I'm a dentist so I can't fail unless we can time travel, which won't happen in your or my lifetime. BTW right now I'm enjoying my first of 2 days off during the week (Tuesday and Friday) and it's only my 2nd year out of school and my practice already nets 250k, even in this economy. Thats the opposite of fail= WIN for me! GL to you!

LOL FYI I'm a dentist so I can't fail unless we can time travel, which won't happen in your or my lifetime. BTW right now I'm enjoying my first of 2 days off during the week (Tuesday and Friday) and it's only my 2nd year out of school and my practice already nets 250k, even in this economy. Thats the opposite of fail= WIN for me! GL to you!

Yes yes, I can obviously see that it says your a dentist...I saw that when I responded the first time. And yes, you can actually fail...what if your practice goes under? (I think that would be called a fail for operating your own practice/business). But that's great that you're "net" 250k. Not sure that was necessary but okay...if you felt the need then by all means. I don't think that has anything to do with going to dental school, just IMO though.

all I'm saying is, there are a lot of what if's...ppl can go back and forth what all day long. Who cares. Not everyone enjoys their experience. I know plenty of dentists that graduated, recent and older, that enjoyed their experience at UTHSCSA. And the dentist that I shadowed and whom wrote my LOR has a reading disability...I think if he can make it through with a family, and not able to read... I'll be just fine.

Well, consider your dentist lucky. I know of at least 4 people personally who were treated unfairly due to physical or learning disabilities. In the other thread, where I referred to the fact that there are no student representatives, I am specifically referring to these types of people. I was not referring to representatives for different classes we take. For example, the medical school has a student omnibudsperson to help counsel and represent these students with disablities or heatlth problems. Uthscsa dental has nothing of the sort. In fact, you recieve no guidance in who to report your disability to. If someone has a problem, they are on their own, and as far as the school is concerned, thats a good thing, since they have quota's to meet on reducing their class sizes since they hold so many students back.
There are bad aspects to every dental school, but some of these problems which I believe are fundementally unethical are what troubles me most about the school.

ps... +1 lindo..

As you may notice, the people that have positive things to say are still in their first years.. whereas the one's that have more to say have had more time at the school.

ps... +1 lindo..

As you may notice, the people that have positive things to say are still in their first years.. whereas the one's that have more to say have had more time at the school.

This is true because we have had experiences there or know someone who spent time there. My fiancee spent four years there, and wishes he had gone somewhere else, but he had no choice and he didn't have anyone there to warn him about the school.

I don't like to burst anyone's bubble, but it's important to be realistic, and understand that there are a lot of people who have less than favorable opinions about this particular school. I don't think brkenglass is trying to make anyone feel bad about their choice in attending this school, but is merely telling people to be careful. These are supposed to be the most important four years of any professional's life- what you learn and how much skill you get determines how quickly you can hit the ground running and start your own practice. Who you meet and the connections you make also have an important role in helping you form business partnerships. So this information is supposed to come as a warning, nothing more. And if you don't want the advice, don't think about it! It's that simple.

How is it your 2nd year out of school and your practice nets 250k if just last week you are asking for advice on "summer before D1 programs" (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=891970).

Just last month you were a dental student from Tunisia trying to find work in America. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=887048) . LOL

Brkenglass and all of his aliases are all over the UTHSCSA c/o '16 acceptance thread "warning" the students about the perils of attending UTHSCSA. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=871292&page=3)

I wonder why so many nutjobs are applying to UTHSCSA this year. Maybe they heard of our blogtastic #4 US ranking or maybe they are trying to steal some wall fixtures from our new $95 million building. :laugh:

Can the mods get rid of these clowns?

How bout just closing this thread; since it seems to serve no purpose. It doesn't even have a discussion question topic.

How is it your 2nd year out of school and your practice nets 250k if just last week you are asking for advice on "summer before D1 programs" (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=891970).

Just last month you were a dental student from Tunisia trying to find work in America. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=887048) . LOL

Brkenglass and all of his aliases are all over the UTHSCSA c/o '16 acceptance thread "warning" the students about the perils of attending UTHSCSA. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=871292&page=3)

I wonder why so many nutjobs are applying to UTHSCSA this year. Maybe they heard of our blogtastic #4 US ranking or maybe they are trying to steal some wall fixtures from our new $95 million building. :laugh:

Can the mods get rid of these clowns?

Dude, I don't have to prove anything to you. If you thought about it for half of a second, you may have realized that students who shadow come by and use the front desk computer.and forget to log me out of SDN. And I do have a shadowee who is from Tunis. His name is Ahmed Can't tell you any more because that violates privacy rules. And there's no need to vent about the choice you made. If you had gotten into another dental school in Texas, you wouldn't be on this thread right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.