Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not really AADSAS but for the secondaries where they ask "any additional information you would like the Admissions and Selection Committee to consider" can we leave it blank or should we include something regardless?
If there's nothing else to say, you can leave it blank

Members don't see this ad.

If I am retaking the DAT, should I notify the schools that I applied to or will they know when they look at my app.?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it takes a few weeks for DAT scores to show up in AADSAS but does it also take that long for them to show up on the ADA website?

One of my transcripts arrived via FedEx on June 8 and was signed for by AADSAS. It is still not uploaded as received...should I resend it? They signed for it, and I can't imagine they lost it, but it's been 10 business days.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

One of my transcripts arrived via FedEx on June 8 and was signed for by AADSAS. It is still not uploaded as received...should I resend it? They signed for it, and I can't imagine they lost it, but it's been 10 business days.

I would wait a couple days...mine showed recieved after about 11 business days

I called them this morning and he said the scanning records show it has not been input, and that I should resend as it was most likely lost within the facility. I'm pissed.

I called them this morning and he said the scanning records show it has not been input, and that I should resend as it was most likely lost within the facility. I'm pissed.

That's annoying. Sorry that happened. Maybe your university's transcript office will waive the fee to resend.

My schedule changed quite a bit for the upcoming school year/planned course work than what I submitted on AADSAS (including a few pre-req's). Should I email all the schools I applied to and tell them the updated courses I'll be taking instead?

Thanks.

My schedule changed quite a bit for the upcoming school year/planned course work than what I submitted on AADSAS (including a few pre-req's). Should I email all the schools I applied to and tell them the updated courses I'll be taking instead?

Thanks.
No. This is included in the academic update period in November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wouldn't that hinder any interview invites prior to november?
Probably not but I guess it depends. I had an interview at a school where I was missing one of their pre-reqs and it wasn't on my planned coursework. They simply told me it would have to be done before matriculation and suggested I take it in the spring semester.

Probably not but I guess it depends. I had an interview at a school where I was missing one of their pre-reqs and it wasn't on my planned coursework. They simply told me it would have to be done before matriculation and suggested I take it in the spring semester.

Ah okay, thank you.

For the brief description of activities in the professional experience, should I use full sentences? or just short phrases like what usually written on resumes? Will it affect my professional image on the application?

For the brief description of activities in the professional experience, should I use full sentences? or just short phrases like what usually written on resumes? Will it affect my professional image on the application?

Short phrases. Make it easy to read/get to the point.

When it says wait for an admissions officer to contact you to submit the money and stuff, do we wait? Been waiting a week now.

When it says wait for an admissions officer to contact you to submit the money and stuff, do we wait? Been waiting a week now.

I think they have to screen your app first before you can go further. They're selective for who gets to pay them lol

Rutgers, touro says it takes two weeks to get back to me.

Let them know that I am retaking it?
They will know that you are retaking it as you need to put that in your AADSAS app under planned coursework.
My yes was for the one who asked this
I know it takes a few weeks for DAT scores to show up in AADSAS but does it also take that long for them to show up on the ADA website?

Can you e-submit without filling out the evaluator? One professor is taking a little bit longer than expected in sending in her letter to my committee, and I would like to start on the GPA verification in the mean time.

Can you e-submit without filling out the evaluator? One professor is taking a little bit longer than expected in sending in her letter to my committee, and I would like to start on the GPA verification in the mean time.
You can. Schools will hold your app til they get that.

Once you submit, do you have to work on secondaries immediately after, or should I do them after I take my DAT?
If I were you, I'd do the DAT first. DAT takes a couple weeks to load into AADSAS anyway. You can use that time to do secondaries.

For professional experience section, do I include a bullet list of things I did? Or complete sentences? Sorry if this was asked already. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

For professional experience section, do I include a bullet list of things I did? Or complete sentences? Sorry if this was asked already. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sentences since it asks for a brief description not for a list of activities

If I am retaking the DAT, should I notify the schools that I applied to or will they know when they look at my app.?
Have you put the date youve taken the DAT and the date you're planning on retaking on AADSAS?

I am trying to fill out UNC's supplemental but I can't seem to access their website. Is anyone else having this problem?

I just got the message that said I'd been verified and and will be mailed within 2 weeks but my DAT scores are still not up, is that fine? DAT was one week ago, scores still not available on ADA website

I just got the message that said I'd been verified and and will be mailed within 2 weeks but my DAT scores are still not up, is that fine? DAT was one week ago, scores still not available on ADA website
Yes, that is fine. Your DAT will get there eventually, don't worry.

Under the background info where it says "Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school?"
I applied to UMKCs 6 year medical program (out of respect for my parents' wishes) while in high school. I did not get accepted and was not planning on going even if I did. Do I need to include this even though it was when I was in high school?

Under the background info where it says "Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school?"
I applied to UMKCs 6 year medical program (out of respect for my parents' wishes) while in high school. I did not get accepted and was not planning on going even if I did. Do I need to include this even though it was when I was in high school?
I don't think that counts tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure the answer is "no". They are looking for people who have applied to like medical school, pharmacy school, optometry school, etc.

I should have my committee letter and DAT scores entered into my application no later than July 22nd (as I am taking DAT July 18 and committee letter is only finalized with DAT scores). Other than that everything is set, transcripts are in, etc. When do you think all of that will be finalized and complete for the schools to be able to look at my application holistically? Also, is this still a competitive date for early submission?

I should have my committee letter and DAT scores entered into my application no later than July 22nd (as I am taking DAT July 18 and committee letter is only finalized with DAT scores). Other than that everything is set, transcripts are in, etc. When do you think all of that will be finalized and complete for the schools to be able to look at my application holistically? Also, is this still a competitive date for early submission?
Your timeline is fine. Kudos for getting everything you did in early.

Your timeline is fine. Kudos for getting everything you did in early.

Thanks! I am trying, I figure the earlier the better since I have a lower-end sGPA. I am a non-traditional student and it is my first time applying. SUPER NERVOUS! but SUPER EXCITED :D

Reactions: 1 user