Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For planned courses, do we only put courses for the fall semester? or both fall and spring semesters? This was probably asked before so I apologize lol
Doesn't matter. I'd only put stuff you will 100% be taking though. If you're not sure about spring, leave it off so schools don't hold you to it

Members don't see this ad.

What did everybody do for the headshot photo that some schools request during the secondary? I'm assuming a photo taken with an iphone or something is okay, as long as it's professional looking? Or do people actually go get photos from an expert?
Yes, that's fine. Just put on a nice shirt, stand in front of a white wall, have someone take the photo for you, and crop it.

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA just got confirmed, will they send my application soon or do they wait until they get the committee letter?

I forgot to write my AADSAS ID on the money orders I sent to schools for the supplemental fees. One school emailed me saying they received my essay responses, but not the money order that was sent in the same envelope. The other school that I only mailed a money order to hasn't gotten back to me. Should I be concerned?

I forgot to write my AADSAS ID on the money orders I sent to schools for the supplemental fees. One school emailed me saying they received my essay responses, but not the money order that was sent in the same envelope. The other school that I only mailed a money order to hasn't gotten back to me. Should I be concerned?
Call the schools..

Does each subsequent recommendation letter that you add after the application has been mailed out gets mailed out the next Friday? Or does AADSAS wait until all the remaining letters from the emails that you have added have been submitted? My application is scheduled to be mailed out tomorrow (7/1), but I'm still waiting on two letters: my science one will be submitted next week, while the last one will be submitted probably about a month later (asked for this late....). I'm hoping that my science LOR (the required letter) doesn't sit around waiting at AADSAS until my last letter (the less important one) gets submitted....

Does each subsequent recommendation letter that you add after the application has been mailed out gets mailed out the next Friday? Or does AADSAS wait until all the remaining letters from the emails that you have added have been submitted? My application is scheduled to be mailed out tomorrow (7/1), but I'm still waiting on two letters: my science one will be submitted next week, while the last one will be submitted probably about a month later (asked for this late....). I'm hoping that my science LOR (the required letter) doesn't sit around waiting at AADSAS until my last letter (the less important one) gets submitted....
I think every time there's something new on your app, it gets sent. That said, if you're missing a letter that schools want, they won't really look at your application until it comes. My committee letter didn't get in until August. Many people's don't. You'll be fine.

probably a dumb question but does it make any difference to submit on june 3oth to be "in june" or does it not really impact much to submit on july 1st or 2nd. Don't necessarily want to rush it even though I am technically ready to submit and am just looking over things

probably a dumb question but does it make any difference to submit on june 3oth to be "in june" or does it not really impact much to submit on july 1st or 2nd. Don't necessarily want to rush it even though I am technically ready to submit and am just looking over things
No difference lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at the supplementary material for both western schools (Arizona and Illinois) and they both ask the same questions. Can I pretty much copy and paste both or do I have to completely change it?

Does anyone know if Columbia accepts letters sent directly to the school? I have been trying to contact them but haven't been able to get a response.

Do I have to do anything if I submitted my application before I took the DAT? I just finished my DAT this afternoon, but my application has already mailed about a week ago and I've received a few emails from schools saying they've received my application. Should I email/call the schools to let them know I just took the DAT or am I good? I figure schools are supposed to be on the ball with reviewing your apps and stuff but you never know...

Do I have to do anything if I submitted my application before I took the DAT? I just finished my DAT this afternoon, but my application has already mailed about a week ago and I've received a few emails from schools saying they've received my application. Should I email/call the schools to let them know I just took the DAT or am I good? I figure schools are supposed to be on the ball with reviewing your apps and stuff but you never know...
If you put your Dentpin in AADSAS, you don't need to do anything else. Don't email the schools. They'll get your score when it uploads in a couple weeks.

I was looking at the supplementary material for both western schools (Arizona and Illinois) and they both ask the same questions. Can I pretty much copy and paste both or do I have to completely change it?
I wouldn't copy and paste 100%. You can probably recycle a lot of it, though

Can we apply to additional schools once you have already e-submitted your app? If yes, then how do we add more schools? Is it the same way we do it the first time? Thanks!

Can we apply to additional schools once you have already e-submitted your app? If yes, then how do we add more schools? Is it the same way we do it the first time? Thanks!

Yes you can. And I'm pretty sure it's the same way as the first time

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Oddly enough, my application has already been "mailed out" to schools, even though I don't have my DAT scores or letters in ... I thought mailing out doesn't happen until everything has been submitted? My entire application will not be complete until mid/late August since my committee doesn't send letters until after the first week of August, and my exam is during the first week. Should I e-mail all the schools that information?

I also received some school e-mails sitting in my inbox telling me to fill out their supplementals and pay the fee. Can I do that a month later from now after I take my DAT since my application won't even be complete until then? Or should I do those now?

I wasn't expecting anything to be mailed out until August, so this took me by surprise and now I don't know what I should do ...

Oddly enough, my application has already been "mailed out" to schools, even though I don't have my DAT scores or letters in ... I thought mailing out doesn't happen until everything has been submitted? My entire application will not be complete until mid/late August since my committee doesn't send letters until after the first week of August, and my exam is during the first week. Should I e-mail all the schools that information?

I also received some school e-mails sitting in my inbox telling me to fill out their supplementals and pay the fee. Can I do that a month later from now after I take my DAT since my application won't even be complete until then? Or should I do those now?

I wasn't expecting anything to be mailed out until August, so this took me by surprise and now I don't know what I should do ...
"mailing" happens when your GPA is verified. It will be "re-mailed" when your DAT and letters come in.
You can do the fees later or now, whichever you want. Your complete application for a school will include your AADSAS, DAT score, letters, and supplementals (if applicable). Once the last thing is in, you will be able to be reviewed.
Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
"mailing" happens when your GPA is verified. It will be "re-mailed" when your DAT and letters come in.
You can do the fees later or now, whichever you want. Your complete application for a school will include your AADSAS, DAT score, letters, and supplementals (if applicable). Once the last thing is in, you will be able to be reviewed.
Hope that helps!

Thanks! :) It really does. Some school e-mails did mention in their message that they do acknowledge my missing DAT scores and letters, so I guess all of them will be aware as well. That's a relief that I can hold off on the supplementals and fees. I'll wait until August then.

This has probably been asked already, but how do I go about entering AP credits? This is how it appears on my transcript
Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 6.03.34 PM.png

Just wanted to double check this for the billionth time before I e-submit today. I have 3 LORs on AADSAS and have sent them via Interfolio. My 4th letter hasn't been uploaded to Interfolio yet so I can't add the professor to my list of evaluators on AADSAS. If I e-submit today, can I still go back and add that 4th LOR as a completely new entry?

QUESTION:
I started a dental club and held the positions of VP and secretary at my university. Does it considered as community service?

QUESTION:

Sorry, just came up with one just now. I applied to ASDOH and I do have a lot of community service hours at at my temple. But I am unsure of how ASDOH view applicant that is too involve with the religion. This made me hesitated and omitted the hours that i volunteered at my temple. Because I would have to request a letter of community service from a supervisor/director for secondary application for ASDOH, and it will show that it is from a Buddhist monk. Please kindly share your inputs.

QUESTION:

Sorry, just came up with one just now. I applied to ASDOH and I do have a lot of community service hours at at my temple. But I am unsure of how ASDOH view applicant that is too involve with the religion. This made me hesitated and omitted the hours that i volunteered at my temple. Because I would have to request a letter of community service from a supervisor/director for secondary application for ASDOH, and it will show that it is from a Buddhist monk. Please kindly share your inputs.
If you've spent a lot of time volunteering and working with your Temple, it's probably a part of who you are. I've never seen too much hatred against Buddhists anyway lol. I don't think it would be a problem. I had a non-Christian friend who put a lot of his religious involvement on AADSAS and it wasn't an issue. But, if you didn't put any of the hours on your initial AADSAS application, ASDOH might wonder how much you've actually volunteered to warrant the letter.

Okay so if I am taking a science class during this summer and my application has already been verified, how do I go about when I receive my grade for that class in the beginning of August? Do I just send aadsas an updated transcript and they'll update my gpa ? Do I also send them an email or anything else ?
Academic update in November.

If you've spent a lot of time volunteering and working with your Temple, it's probably a part of who you are. I've never seen too much hatred against Buddhists anyway lol. I don't think it would be a problem. I had a non-Christian friend who put a lot of his religious involvement on AADSAS and it wasn't an issue. But, if you didn't put any of the hours on your initial AADSAS application, ASDOH might wonder how much you've actually volunteered to warrant the letter.

Oh man, I am such a fool. I want to thank you for answered all my questions, I really appreciate it. I'll contact AADSAS to see if I can add the hours back in. *sigh*

Oh man, I am such a fool. I want to thank you for answered all my questions, I really appreciate it. I'll contact AADSAS to see if I can add the hours back in. *sigh*
If you've already submitted, you won't be able to. Sorry :( But you're welcome! Hopefully you have enough EC's on there already and maybe you can talk about your temple activities in an interview

Is it required to send grades in during the academic update, or merely beneficial for students seeking to increase their GPA? Thanks!

Is it required to send grades in during the academic update, or merely beneficial for students seeking to increase their GPA? Thanks!
Not required. It opens in November and it's useful if your GPA is increasing from summer or fall classes. If you get in to a school on Dec 1 or later, they won't need you to do it at all.

Is the November update only for grades or does it include volunteering hours and other extracurriculars?

Just wanted to double check this for the billionth time before I e-submit today. I have 3 LORs on AADSAS and have sent them via Interfolio. My 4th letter hasn't been uploaded to Interfolio yet so I can't add the professor to my list of evaluators on AADSAS. If I e-submit today, can I still go back and add that 4th LOR as a completely new entry?
Sorry this got buried and I don't think anyone answered. Yes, I am 90% sure you will be able to. My 10% uncertainty is because I never used interfolio. Maybe someone else who is 100% sure will be able to answer

When schools say they want 2 science professor LORs, does it mean professors that taught you in a class or just a faculty member that holds a professor position? The reason I ask is because 1 of my 2 science professors isn't emailing back (already agreed to write a letter) and hasn't uploaded my LOR yet. So as of now, I have 1 science prof, 1 dentist, and my PI (who holds a professor position). Will my PI's letter count as a science prof letter?

When schools say they want 2 science professor LORs, does it mean professors that taught you in a class or just a faculty member that holds a professor position? The reason I ask is because 1 of my 2 science professors isn't emailing back (already agreed to write a letter) and hasn't uploaded my LOR yet. So as of now, I have 1 science prof, 1 dentist, and my PI (who holds a professor position). Will my PI's letter count as a science prof letter?
Professors that taught you in class. Unless the PI also taught you, it wouldn't count as a prof letter. It could count as another letter, though

Professors that taught you in class. Unless the PI also taught you, it wouldn't count as a prof letter. It could count as another letter, though
Thanks. Good to know. I did take research classes under my PI in which I received academic credit, but hopefully I won't have to worry about this. I'm just hoping my actual science professor replies/uploads soon. I gave him a deadline (already passed by several days) but I sent him a reminder email today. Crossing my fingers over here!

Thanks. Good to know. I did take research classes under my PI in which I received academic credit, but hopefully I won't have to worry about this. I'm just hoping my actual science professor replies/uploads soon. I gave him a deadline (already passed by several days) but I sent him a reminder email today. Crossing my fingers over here!
Good luck! Try seeing the prof in person if you can.

for Nova's supplemental it asked what schools you're applying to, if you've had or will have an interview and your current status. if you haven't heard anything yet, should you just put the status as under review?

How do we see the status of our application per school on AADSAS? My email from VCU says: "Your application will be reviewed for the above items and your status updated to Application is Complete and Under Review upon receipt of all materials. To do so, visit: https://portal.aadsasweb.org/. Log on to your AADSAS application and click the status menu on the horizontal toolbar at the top of the page."

I don't see any kind of toolbar or anything. So anyone know where it is we can actually see this?