Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a little confused when people say they checked the portal and it said "received" "interview offered" etc etc. are they referring to the AADSAS portal or the individual schools portal? Thank you:)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
AADSAS portal shows individual school information.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my committee letter uploaded to AADSAS, will they send me an email saying they sent it to the schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
QUESTION:
I received an email for supplement application from ASDOH. They asked for community service and work experiences. Do I need to list it as exactly as it appear on ADSAS? Or can I take this opportunity to include a thing or two that I missed on the ADEA? Specifically the community service portion.

QUESTION:
I received an email for supplement application from ASDOH. They asked for community service and work experiences. Do I need to list it as exactly as it appear on ADSAS? Or can I take this opportunity to include a thing or two that I missed on the ADEA? Specifically the community service portion.
You should talk about more than what's listed on AADSAS. That's the main purpose of the additional questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I just found out that we are supposed to list all planned classes on our applications, and not just the ones we are signed up for in the fall. :mad: Because of that, I don't have biochemistry listed on my application. Do I need to email all the schools I applied to with a tentative spring course schedule? Maryland is the only one to contact me about it so far.

I just found out that we are supposed to list all planned classes on our applications, and not just the ones we are signed up for in the fall. :mad: Because of that, I don't have biochemistry listed on my application. Do I need to email all the schools I applied to with a tentative spring course schedule? Maryland is the only one to contact me about it so far.
I forgot that, too. If you haven't graduated yet, it won't be a problem if it's just 1 or 2 classes. Pre-reqs have to be complete by the time you matriculate. Tell any school that asks that you will take it. It's really no big deal

I have four letter of recommendations uploaded into AADSAS. After e-submitting, do all four letters automatically get sent to the schools you designate?
There are schools that are requesting only 3 letters or specific letters. In that case, do they just get all four?

I have four letter of recommendations uploaded into AADSAS. After e-submitting, do all four letters automatically get sent to the schools you designate?
There are schools that are requesting only 3 letters or specific letters. In that case, do they just get all four?
Yes all 4 letters will get sent to all designated schools.

Bit confused about the schools such as USC, Detroit Mercy, and Nebraska. These schools say to pay the application fee when submitting the ADEA AADSAS application, but they say to send a check or money order to their schools. Am I mailing these schools additional checks in addition to paying the total online fee when submitting my ADEA AADSAS application?

Bit confused about the schools such as USC, Detroit Mercy, and Nebraska. These schools say to pay the application fee when submitting the ADEA AADSAS application, but they say to send a check or money order to their schools. Am I mailing these schools additional checks in addition to paying the total online fee when submitting my ADEA AADSAS application?

Yes, those are additional fees you have to pay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not AADSAS exactly but on one of the supplementals they ask "Please explain any academic difficulties you have had." are they asking why i did bad in some semesters?

Also should i put it again if i already put it on my Personal Statement?

QUESTION:

When one says that submitting the application after August is considered "late". Does it apply to primary or secondary application? I asked because I am focusing on my DAT now and will not touch secondary until I am done with the exam. Thank you.

QUESTION:

When one says that submitting the application after August is considered "late". Does it apply to primary or secondary application? I asked because I am focusing on my DAT now and will not touch secondary until I am done with the exam. Thank you.
Primary, but you should still submit secondaries as soon as you can.

Not AADSAS exactly but on one of the supplementals they ask "Please explain any academic difficulties you have had." are they asking why i did bad in some semesters?

Also should i put it again if i already put it on my Personal Statement?
You don't want to repeat yourself in a secondary, if possible. You can talk about something else academically challenging aside from what you wrote in your ps.

Do applicants usually update their Fall grades on ADEA by the end of December?

Hey! So NYU has a question about what you would change in your undergrad years and I want to write about why I transfered schools without sounding like a complainer or that I was lacking on school research when I initially went to my first school. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey! So NYU has a question about what you would change in your undergrad years and I want to write about why I transfered schools without sounding like a complainer or that I was lacking on school research when I initially went to my first school. Any ideas? Thanks!
It would make more sense if you wanted to transfer and never went through with it. The research would probably be better to write about.

Quick question. I've been reading through last year's "official acceptance/interview" threads and people talk about looking at their aadsas application and it updating to say "under review" or something else. Where exactly in our application are these updates supposed to come? I can only find the decisions section, which is blank because I assumed it would be for an acceptance/reject.

Thanks!

Quick question. I've been reading through last year's "official acceptance/interview" threads and people talk about looking at their aadsas application and it updating to say "under review" or something else. Where exactly in our application are these updates supposed to come? I can only find the decisions section, which is blank because I assumed it would be for an acceptance/reject.

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it's still the decisions tab. If your application is mailed, it might say "mailed" or "complete" now

just curious what nova's supplemental means by "describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the admissions committee in evaluating your application" is it asking about something that happened that might need to be explained or is it more like what makes you special?

just curious what nova's supplemental means by "describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the admissions committee in evaluating your application" is it asking about something that happened that might need to be explained or is it more like what makes you special?
Sounds like it's somewhere that you can explain something you need to that you weren't able to put elsewhere. Not what makes you special.

It's asking why are you a special snowflake

Reactions: 2 users
Does Rutgers email you if they received your application fee?

Did anyone apply to West Virginia? I haven't received an email from them, not even the app received email. E-submitted 6/23.

Do any of y'all know how long it takes for AADSAS to transmit uploaded rec letters to the dental schools? I have already submitted my application and my other letters have already been received by the schools. They are just waiting on the individual letter from my dentist. She uploaded two days ago and now I am just waiting for it to be transmitted. I checked the ADEA pdf guide, but couldnt find anything!

I know that some schools require a LoR from someone I volunteered with. Should I just send them to the schools that need them or upload it to AADSAS? I already have my committee letter so I don't know if it's necessary.

I know that some schools require a LoR from someone I volunteered with. Should I just send them to the schools that need them or upload it to AADSAS? I already have my committee letter so I don't know if it's necessary.
ASDOH right? Ask your recommender to send it directly to the school.

Do any of y'all know how long it takes for AADSAS to transmit uploaded rec letters to the dental schools? I have already submitted my application and my other letters have already been received by the schools. They are just waiting on the individual letter from my dentist. She uploaded two days ago and now I am just waiting for it to be transmitted. I checked the ADEA pdf guide, but couldnt find anything!
It should be almost immediate if I'm remembering correctly. It might not get "mailed" to schools until Friday though.

Did anyone apply to West Virginia? I haven't received an email from them, not even the app received email. E-submitted 6/23.
I'm sure someone applied there lol. Some schools are slow with emails. Make a school specific thread. You'll probably get more people that way. If not, just be patient. I'm sure they have your application.

That's strange. All my acceptances came on the condition that I complete my planned coursework. Maybe that's what they mean. I really can't see them not even interviewing you until November or later due to that. That would mean excluding everyone who hasn't graduated yet. And if that's what they do, that's very weird

Wait... Did that happen to you because you were still in college or is that a condition for everyone with planned coursework? I was planning on starting the Postbacc program at LECOM so I listed all those courses in planned coursework. The purpose of the program is to help you get into dental school by giving those who can maintain a high enough GPA an interview to their school. Thing is, I already have two interviews - one from LECOM. So I was thinking of withdrawing from the program. But I'm worried - if I withdraw, could I lose acceptances because they'll be expecting fall grades??

Wait... Did that happen to you because you were still in college or is that a condition for everyone with planned coursework? I was planning on starting the Postbacc program at LECOM so I listed all those courses in planned coursework. The purpose of the program is to help you get into dental school by giving those who can maintain a high enough GPA an interview to their school. Thing is, I already have two interviews - one from LECOM. So I was thinking of withdrawing from the program. But I'm worried - if I withdraw, could I lose acceptances because they'll be expecting fall grades??

I was still in college, but all acceptances generally come with the condition that you complete your planned coursework and all pre-requisites. If you withdraw and don't tell the schools, that could hurt you. You will definitely want to let them know before you withdraw if you get accepted, and make sure it's ok.

I was still in college, but all acceptances generally come with the condition that you complete your planned coursework and all pre-requisites. If you withdraw and don't tell the schools, that could hurt you. You will definitely want to let them know before you withdraw if you get accepted, and make sure it's ok.

So withdrawing before acceptances could definitely hurt me. I have already completed all my pre-reqs and my bachelors degree. Was just doing this program as a backup in case I didn't get interviews. Now I'm in a dilemma because I don't want to spend 4 months and $8000 doing something I don't need to.

So withdrawing before acceptances could definitely hurt me. I have already completed all my pre-reqs and my bachelors degree. Was just doing this program as a backup in case I didn't get interviews. Now I'm in a dilemma because I don't want to spend 4 months and $8000 doing something I don't need to.

That makes sense. I guess you can contact schools and ask about it, but for all you know, the tipping point for deciding to interview you was the fact that you are enrolled in the program.

Not sure if this has been asked already or not but on my AADSAS portal I don't have any information listed under the "school decisions" tab. Last year I had a lot of "application received/under review" listings but this year nothing?

I've gotten into a Post-Bacc program that starts in September but I want to submit soon. The problem is I won't know what classes I'll be in until September because right now they are all closed and I need to wait and see what I can get into.

I want to put that I am doing this program, but what would I put for "Planned Courses"?

I am sure this topic has been discussed time and time again. Please bare with me. So I have 3.80, 22AA, 24 TS, 100+ dental shadow and 150+ volunteer hours and have applied to 4 schools so far. This includes my first choice of school (UIC school of dentistry) I would like to attend but I read everywhere that I should be applying to more schools and am kind of concerned. What do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance.

I am sure this topic has been discussed time and time again. Please bare with me. So I have 3.80, 22AA, 24 TS, 100+ dental shadow and 150+ volunteer hours and have applied to 4 schools so far. This includes my first choice of school (UIC school of dentistry) I would like to attend but I read everywhere that I should be applying to more schools and am kind of concerned. What do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance.
I recommend reading this. Should answer all your questions:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...7-application-cycle-and-the-universe.1197114/

Am I automatically out when schools ask for LoR from one Bio and one Chem, but I have two Chem? Or when they asked for two lecture-based when one of mine is lab professor?

Am I automatically out when schools ask for LoR from one Bio and one Chem, but I have two Chem? Or when they asked for two lecture-based when one of mine is lab professor?
Depends on the school. Some are very strict with their policies and some are more lenient. It's usually a case by case basis.

It's still July.
It's not that. They sent two emails yesterday. An interview one and a "we haven't have the time to get to you yet" one, which everyone thinks is a waitlisted, but is not.
The director explained in the live video that if someone didn't get either of those, then their app is not complete yet. I got my "we haven't review you yet" right after I got the app complete one

My advisor told me that I can E-submit my application while the professors can still send the letter of rec after, is that true?