Asking for Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplecircle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in December as a biology education major. My science GPA was 3.53 and my cGPA was 3.72. As an undergrad, I frequently thought about becoming a pre-med major at my university. However, I decided to finish out my degree so I could teach if I decided that was what I wanted. As a biology education major I took many biology courses as well as the two general chemistry courses, organic chemistry 1, and a physics course. I am now highly considering applying for med school. Unfortunately, I haven't taken organic chemistry 2, biochemistry, or the required physics courses. I have looked into several post-bacc programs, but these programs will not admit me due to the high number of science courses I have already completed. Should I enroll as an undergrad student and take the classes I need? Should I attempt to find a masters program that will allow me to take these classes? Also, I have very little clinical experience. How can I gain more clinical experience while taking the required classes and also teaching in schools? Is my GPA in line with other med school applicants? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Should I enroll as an undergrad student and take the classes I need? Should I attempt to find a masters program that will allow me to take these classes?
Take the needed courses in a CC or any local college that will allow you to take them as a non-degree seeking student.
Do not sign up for a Master's degree program to acquire the courses that prepare you for the MCAT.