Asking for early interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful82

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I already know the answer (that it is not advisable) but I thought I would see your opinions.

My state school (which is my #1 choice) has told me that they plan to interview me yet do not have an exact date ready yet. .. I'm trying to wait patiently.

However, with a DO deposit due by dec 15th is it acceptable to email them asking for my interview to be in the next month so I do not have to waste that deposit in case I get in to my state school instead?

Members don't see this ad.

If they have told you officially that they are planning an interview, then sending a professional email to them requesting to schedule an early date would be acceptable. It becomes less clear if you have been told informally

The assistant dean of admissions emailed me saying they were planning to interview me this cycle, just no concrete date yet. Does that count as official?

An email is written, therefore 'official'.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you certain the deposit is nonrefundable? Most schools seem to refund your deposit if you withdraw by May 15, but perhaps this varies by school.

DO is a different beast (big deposits due early, often nonrefundable). They don't have the same traffic rules/recommendations that AMCAS does

Oh that sounds tricky then. Hope you are able to get an early interview OP!